Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Difference between timeouts in serverConf.xml

Level 2

In serverConf.xml, there are three different configuration values for timeouts in authentication section [1]:

• longSessionTimeOutSec
  • securityTimeOutSec
  • sessionTimeOutSec

Can someone explain the difference between those three and in which scenario they apply?

Thanks and BR
Sebastian

[1] https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/installing-campaign-classic/appendice...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

As per my knowledge , When we use Logon function from xtk:session, after successfully login sessionToken generated for that user with values as 

<sessionInfo>
<serverInfo defaultNameSpace="cus" instanceName="demo" majNumber="6" securityTimeOut="86400" serverDate="2021-10-18 12:11:29.342Z" servicePack="0" sessionTimeOut="86400" useVault="false"/>

In this you can see couple of values auto populated with 86400 which is set in serverconfig.xml file. So that means for this user this generate sessionToken ,  Security token timeout is 86400 sec and Session timeout is 86400 sec. 

So in short these are the parameters which help to maintain for how long sessionToken is valid for a user.

Thanks,

Kapil

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

As per my knowledge , When we use Logon function from xtk:session, after successfully login sessionToken generated for that user with values as 

<sessionInfo>
<serverInfo defaultNameSpace="cus" instanceName="demo" majNumber="6" securityTimeOut="86400" serverDate="2021-10-18 12:11:29.342Z" servicePack="0" sessionTimeOut="86400" useVault="false"/>

In this you can see couple of values auto populated with 86400 which is set in serverconfig.xml file. So that means for this user this generate sessionToken ,  Security token timeout is 86400 sec and Session timeout is 86400 sec. 

So in short these are the parameters which help to maintain for how long sessionToken is valid for a user.

Thanks,

Kapil