Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

difference between Reconciliation enrichment and change dimension activity in Adobe campaign classic

Level 4

Hi All,

I am confused between

difference between Reconciliation enrichment and change dimension activity in Adobe campaign classic

@ParveshK 

@isahore 

@ParthaSarathy

@ParthaSarathy 

@ParthaS 

@AkshayAnand 

@Craig_Thonis 

@Manoj_Kumar_ 

@Amine_Abedour 

@Marcel_Szimonisz

@DavidKangni 

@Amit_Kumar 

@ShashankNigam02

@Ganesh5067

@Jonathon_wodnicki

PLEASE HELP

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @DishaSharma ,

Both are completely different activities with different purpose.

Enrichment is used to add additional data, create a link between temporary table and database schema and many (refer here for further details)

Whereas change dimension is used to change the targeting dimension. Let's say if you have broadLogRcp as your targeting dimension, and you want to change the targeting dimension to nms:Recipient, you can do it by using change dimension (refer here for more details)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @DishaSharma ,

Both are completely different activities with different purpose.

Enrichment is used to add additional data, create a link between temporary table and database schema and many (refer here for further details)

Whereas change dimension is used to change the targeting dimension. Let's say if you have broadLogRcp as your targeting dimension, and you want to change the targeting dimension to nms:Recipient, you can do it by using change dimension (refer here for more details)

Level 4

@ParthaSarathy 

i have one ask

u merioned it is used to add additional data

can u please help me on this with one example

depicting workflow diagram

please help to make me understand this

Community Advisor

Example, If you execute a query with Recipient as targeting dimension, you can find the temp table will have @ID (on clicking display target in Query's output transition). Apart from this @ID, you can add other attributes to this temporary table on selecting 'Add data' in query.

The same can be done with enrichment activity, adding additional fields to the temporary table.