Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Deleting custom target mappings including all generated schemas

Community Advisor

Hi All,

I've created a custom target mapping for the purpose of contacting a custom recipient schema, that generated new schemas for tracking, exclusions, broadlog, appsubscriptions etc.

What would be the correct approach to delete the target mapping and everything linked to it?

I've tried deleting the target mapping and it wont let me as it says there is a delivery linked to it, I then tried to delete the delivery and the error states that there is a target mapping referencing it, how do you get out of this loop?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi David, 

I had this issue and there is not a straightforward way to delete it.

What I've done is:

• delete all deliveries that are using the target mapping
  • delete the global delivery tied to the target mapping
  • empty the default traffic source in the storage Tab (see screenshot below) and save 
  • delete the target mapping
  • delete the schemas created (tracking, broadlog, etc)

You may have some errors when deleting the deliveries but you can find them based on the ids in the error message. Make sure you delete them also from delete deliveries folder.

DavidKangni_0-1611327379157.png

Hope that helps

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @david--garcia 

Have you created custom schemas for this target mapping by linking them?

If yes, then you should be looking at the revIntegrity attribute.

You can find more details here:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/configuring-campaign-classic/schema-r...

Thanks,

Manoj

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Community Advisor

Hey Manoj, I added the revintegrity and set it to neutral on the link frmo the custom table to recipient but didnt make any difference.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi David, 

I had this issue and there is not a straightforward way to delete it.

What I've done is:

• delete all deliveries that are using the target mapping
  • delete the global delivery tied to the target mapping
  • empty the default traffic source in the storage Tab (see screenshot below) and save 
  • delete the target mapping
  • delete the schemas created (tracking, broadlog, etc)

You may have some errors when deleting the deliveries but you can find them based on the ids in the error message. Make sure you delete them also from delete deliveries folder.

DavidKangni_0-1611327379157.png

Hope that helps

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Community Advisor
It wont let me delete the delivery because is referenced by target mapping, it wont let me delete the target mapping because is referenced by the delivery,

Community Advisor
I did it several times. I can try on my sandbox tomorrow and let you know the correct steps.

David Kangni

Level 5

Hi @david--garcia , 

May be at first you might have to consider deleting the tracking logs data of the deliveries that are sent.

Like :- trackingRCP data , and then tracking log tables, which are actually linked to the deliveries, and then deleting the deliveries would work ,  but need to make sure the deletion is happening in the correct sequence otherwise the tracking and the data clean up workflow (OOTB workflows) would start to fail. 

Please check with Adobe for more details. 

Thanks,
Adithya

Administrator

Hi @david--garcia,

Were you able to resolve this query with any of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa