Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Copy Phone field data to mobile field

Level 4

Hello everyone,

we have Adobe campaign v7 classic instance where we have existing recipient records. Till now contact number was added to phone field. We have recently introduced SMS and it is not considering phone field to target SMS deliveries. It requires mobile number field to be populated for the SMS delivery to be sent.

In order to make it work either,

1. We need all the contact numbers from phone field copied to mobile field
  2. or change SMS delivery targeting from mobile number to phone number.

Please help me how we can do this.

Kind regards,

Imran

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Update activity will alter the audit fields, @lastmodified, etc, and may miss data if executing concurrent to a data load.

To do a straight atomic copy, use sql script: update nmsrecipient set smobilephone = sphone;

Make sure to update existing ETL's, etc accordingly.

Changing the address mapping also works, though you'd be stealing phone channel's field, making it awkward if that gets installed in the future.

Thanks,
-Jon

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 8

Hello ihm185​,

You can copy the phone field data to mobile field using update activity and make sure both fields are of same data type.

Regards,

Venu

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Update activity will alter the audit fields, @lastmodified, etc, and may miss data if executing concurrent to a data load.

To do a straight atomic copy, use sql script: update nmsrecipient set smobilephone = sphone;

Make sure to update existing ETL's, etc accordingly.

Changing the address mapping also works, though you'd be stealing phone channel's field, making it awkward if that gets installed in the future.

Thanks,
-Jon

Level 4

Thank you for replying. I really appreciate your help.

Level 4

Hi Jon,

thank you for replying. Please excuse my ignorance but can we run SQL scripts in an Adobe-hosted instance.

kind regards,

Imran

Community Advisor

Hi,

Yes, under admin/config/sql scripts. Run button's in the top right.

You can also do it using sql script workflow activity, which will give you error logs.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 4

Thank you so much Jon.  I appreciate all your help.

Kind regards,

Imran