Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Campaign Instances and how to remove them

Level 2

Question 1:   I am trying to setup a new environment of Campaing following this resource: Standalone deployment .  How can i remove all the instances from my box ? Is there any nlserver command for this. Or can i simply delete the two configs files located in conf folder?

Question 2:  Can someone please explain what actually is the use case for Instances ? What do they do , what is the significance of having multiple instances on the same machine?

Thanks

akshay

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

1: Yes, delete the instance configs. Or at least the <dataSource/> nodes in them. Drop the db's too if they're taking up space.

2: I can't think of any reasons to use multiple instances on same install. Likely the devs added it as a matter of correctness- a proper server can serve multiple instances. Everyone just uses containers or vm's, much easier to manage.

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

1: Yes, delete the instance configs. Or at least the <dataSource/> nodes in them. Drop the db's too if they're taking up space.

2: I can't think of any reasons to use multiple instances on same install. Likely the devs added it as a matter of correctness- a proper server can serve multiple instances. Everyone just uses containers or vm's, much easier to manage.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 2

Thanks Jon !

Could you please explain ( or refer to any material ) which explains the use cases for multiple instances ?

For eg, is it that, Administrator can have multiple instances each one geared towards a specific type of businesss.. like HR ând Finance emailing can be done from one instance while Marketing uses another instance. 

Hope my question is clear enough?

Once again Thanks a lot for your help.

a

Community Advisor

Hi,

Multiple instances exist along 2 axes:

1. Companies that want to follow best practices, with dev/test/integration/.../prod pipelines. The non-prod instances then get abandoned after a year or so.
  2. Companies that have the budget/organization to align instances with divisions/brands, e.g. Yum Brands having instances for Pizza Hut and Taco Bell. More common is multitenancy within a single instance.

Instances never align to user roles.

Thanks,

-Jon