Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Batch upload of targetData into Additional Data tab in Seeds

Level 2

Hello, I have a seed folder that I use for proofing dynamic content. We have multiple versions of "targetData" so I have a record in this folder for each version. I have no problem creating this folder via a list that I uploaded (which helps when there are more than just a few versions), but the problem I'm having is NOT being able to populate the "Additional data" tab (ie the targeting data) in batch mode. The data in this tab is in XML format so I'm trying to find a way to possibly do this via javascript? Hoping someone else has run into this and possibly has a solution. Thank you! Cindy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello - yes, we were able to get this to work. Using excel, I was able to create a csv containing the fields I needed (email, first name, label, internal name, and targetData) and load this csv into a LIST. I then used this list to populate a seed folder using Update Data activity. I could then use this seed folder for proofing.

The key is having the targetData field defined correctly. Example below.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<seedMember>

<targetData smartFirstName="Cindy" smartFirstNameCaps="CINDY" />

</seedMember>

Thanks,

Cindy

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

The Additional data (targetData) field is XML, so can't be updated via Update activity and is harder to use in general.

Simple fix is modify the nms:seedMember schema to turn it into a real boy, i.e. <element name="targetData" xml="false"/> and continue as normal. May/may not blow up MTA.

More complicated fix is use js to set the mData col to wrapped xml from the file.

Thanks,

-Jon

Hi Jon - have you done something like this before and perhaps have an example you could forward?

Level 3

Hello, 

Was there an example provided as I have the same issue to add seeds for a Direct Mail campaign that has over 20 additional fields. 

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello - yes, we were able to get this to work. Using excel, I was able to create a csv containing the fields I needed (email, first name, label, internal name, and targetData) and load this csv into a LIST. I then used this list to populate a seed folder using Update Data activity. I could then use this seed folder for proofing.

The key is having the targetData field defined correctly. Example below.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<seedMember>

<targetData smartFirstName="Cindy" smartFirstNameCaps="CINDY" />

</seedMember>

Thanks,

Cindy

Administrator

Hi @cmabruzzese0923,

Was the given solution helpful to resolve your query? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 2
Hi Sukrity ... I haven't been able to spend the time on testing js code yet ...

Administrator
Let us know if you have tried it and still need more help. Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 2
Hi Sukrity, if anyone does have an example of something similar, that would be a huge help! Thank you, Cindy

Administrator
Sure, I will forward your request to the experts. Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa