Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

As part of our SMPP implementation at our marketing side, we have some issues related to maximum throughput i.e. we are expecting 300 messages per second but in reality it is going with 20 secs

Level 4

Hi Team, As part of our SMPP implementation at our marketing side, we have some issues related to maximum throughput i.e. we are expecting 300 messages per second but in reality it is going around 20 secs. As per our analysis, nmsdeliveryparts are dividing with 9 broadlog records i.e. ircpcount is 9 and looks like this is the main cause of the slowness. Can we increase this value? if yes then how to do that.

Thanks

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @balakrishnavalavala 

I'm not sure this is the same problem, but we had a similar issue with deliveryParts beeing processed 8 by 8 (default wave length when not specified) in each MTAChild, and we looked in the server configuration. But this is not where we had to look.

In the delivery itself > Delivery additional parameters, then Delivery tab, and "Message batch quantity". This value is 0 to default, meaning 8 minimum. You can change this (and it can be over 256) if you need to process much more messages each call. Try this, and if it changes something for you, let us know

And sorry If I didn't understand your problem.

Cedric

Level 4

Hi Cedric,

Thank you so much for the support and the what ever answer you provided is the answer that we are looking for. Luckily we found this solution ourselves before your reply by going through the documentation.

Our next question is how to increase the through put of SMSs using Extended SMPP connector. Could you please help us on this based on your experience. Our main issue is we are able to process submit_sm PDUs very fast but unable to read the SUBMIT_SM_RESP and DELIVER_SM and MOs as fast as SUBMIT_SMs. Please help us how to increase it.

Thanks

Community Advisor

Hi @balakrishnavalavala 

I'm really sorry but I don't have a lot of knowledge in SMS technical parts. I can't help you more for your problem

My experience was on mobile push channel.

Hope you'll find someone to help you with your issue.

Cedric