Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Afect of changing "Internal.Name" on the way.

Level 2

Hello.

This may be a strange question.

I'm holding my head now.

The workflow cannot be executed, or workflow is stoped, and many error.

Shortly before that, a colleague was changing the workflow's "internal.Name".

Does this affect Work Flow?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi @uz2020 - the simple answer is not usually

It can affect things like calling workflows, scripts or any other external references (API, etc) that use the workflow internalName to locate the workflow within the system, otherwise it shouldn't affect much within the workflow itself.

Thanks

Darren

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi @uz2020 - the simple answer is not usually

It can affect things like calling workflows, scripts or any other external references (API, etc) that use the workflow internalName to locate the workflow within the system, otherwise it shouldn't affect much within the workflow itself.

Thanks

Darren

Level 2
@Darren_Bowers Thank you for your quick reply. Do the affected external references include databases and lists? Thanks.

Level 9
Every set up can be different so its hard to say for sure. For example, if you have a database entry that links internalName of your workflows to some other identifier then that link would no longer work. However, all Adobe database internal references will remain intact if you just change the internalName. Cheers Darren

Level 2
@Darren_Bowers Thank you for your reply. In that case, it seems that there is no affect other than the script ... By the way, Does it affect the AC cache? Sometimes when I replaced a list, it didn't switch from the previous list. I'm sorry many times, Thanks.

Level 9
@uz2020 if your script uses the workflow internalName to reference something by a literal string then, yes, it would affect it. I am not sure what the AC cache is when referring to a list. Thanks Darren

Level 2
@Darren_Bowers Thank you for your reply. There seems to be some other cause. Let's take a closer look. Many times Thank you.