Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Advanced Expression

Level 2

Hey guys

I am trying to convert some Teradata code into an advanced expressions in Adobe. Would any know how to do the following in Adobe?

POSITION('C0'XC IN TRIM(BOTH FROM TABLEA) > 0

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Bad info I got from this page: ASCII Table. If you have access to shell it's `echo -e '\xc0'` which will show something else.

Either way, you're probably better off using the sql functions directly, which you can expose by following this guide:

Note this will only work in limited scenarios with FDA, where the query is executing on the Teradata side (targeting dimension is a td schema). To verify sql is as expected, use preview in the query dialog or turn sql tracing on for the workflow.

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Charindex('ë', Trim(@bothFromTableA)) > 0

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 2

Ok a few questions:

1: How did you do the e? What keyboard commands that?

2: And the query will eventually look like this?

(Position('C0'XC IN Trim (Both From cc.household_demographics_key)) > 0 
OR Position('C1'XC IN Trim (Both From cc.household_demographics_key)) > 0
OR Position('C2'XC IN Trim (Both From cc.household_demographics_key)) > 0
OR Position('C3'XC IN Trim (Both From cc.household_demographics_key)) > 0
OR
Position('C4'XC IN Trim (Both From cc.household_demographics_key)) > 0
OR Position('C5'XC IN Trim (Both From cc.household_demographics_key)) > 0
OR
Position('C6'XC IN Trim (Both From cc.household_demographics_key)) > 0
OR Position('C7'XC IN Trim (Both From cc.household_demographics_key)) > 0.....

How would you do that?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Bad info I got from this page: ASCII Table. If you have access to shell it's `echo -e '\xc0'` which will show something else.

Either way, you're probably better off using the sql functions directly, which you can expose by following this guide:

Note this will only work in limited scenarios with FDA, where the query is executing on the Teradata side (targeting dimension is a td schema). To verify sql is as expected, use preview in the query dialog or turn sql tracing on for the workflow.

Thanks,

-Jon