Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Adding a custom column with name scenarionX in transition of the workflow

Level 5

Hi there, 

I have a scenario where I need to share data about unpicked customers during a workflow execution that runs on a scheduler.

I have multiple scenarios, each with different filters. To handle these, I have added query activities and split activities to filter and separate records with incomplete data. I aim to name these scenarios as "scenario1," "scenario2," etc., by adding a custom column in the transition. However, I encountered an issue: when I add a segment name in the query activity, it gets overridden by the segment codes from the split activity.

Please let me know if this approach is possible.

rvnth_1-1718095477829.png

Thank you in advance

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @rvnth ,

In split activity 'General' tab, enable 'concatenate the code of each segment with the code found in the inbound population' and select 'Use the addition data only' radio button.

ParthaSarathy_0-1718098143217.png

This will concatenate Query's segmentCode with Split subset's segment code.

Level 5

Thank you @ParthaSarathy This helped. 

Now, I need to select a few columns and send an alert email that includes the total number of customers based on each scenario.

For example:

My segment codes include:

• Scenario2a_OptOut
  • Scenario2a_IS_DELETED

I am unsure how to break this down further and include the total number of records only in Scenario2a or Scenario2c.

rvnth_0-1718114952568.png

Please suggest how to achieve this. I have added a JavaScript activity that selects the segment code column along with other columns such as Opt_out and IS_DELETE. Now, I need to get the count based on the segment code in alert activity.

Community Advisor

@rvnth , after each split's subset transition place a JS activity and store the recCount value in a variable as below

instance.vars.countOfSegmentCode1 = vars.recCount;

and call all this variable in your alert activity.

Level 5

Thank you @ParthaSarathy Is there a method to group them by the initial characters of the segment code? For example, if the segment code is "scen3_IS_DELETED," this value should be placed under the row labeled "Scen3," with a column named "IS_DELETED" set to 1 that gets the data from

instance.vars.countOfSegmentCode1 = vars.recCount;

. Please suggest

Level 5

Hi @ParthaSarathy 

I tried using the script below in the JS activity, but I encountered the error: 'it is not contained in either aggregate function or GROUP BY clause.' I am now attempting to use a subquery and will update you on the progress.

var fquery = xtk.queryDef.create
(
<queryDef schema = {vars.targetSchema} operation = "select" >
<select>

<node expr="Substring(@segmentCode,'_',1)" alias="SegmentCode"/>
	  <node expr="Sum(Case(When(@segmentCode LIKE '%_IS_DELETED', 1), Else(0)))" alias="@IS_DELETED"/>   
</select>
<groupBy>
     <node expr="Substring(@segmentCode,'_',1)"/>

</groupBy>

</queryDef>

);

var itemsXMLF = fquery.ExecuteQuery(); // DOMElement
var itemsXMLFStr2 =  itemsXMLF.toString();

vars.itemsXMLFString2 = itemsXMLF.toXMLString();

//logInfo("itemsXMLF = " + itemsXMLF.toString());