Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to analyze and see behaviour of visitors of one time frame in other time period

Level 2

Hi,

Problem/Usecase : I wanted to analyse purchase behaviour of visitors who had visits <=6 in a time period

Condition 1 : Who are the visitors who had <= 6 visits in last 6 months of 2022 (i.e July'22 to Dec'22) [Low Engagement Users]

Condition 2 : What is the number of units purchased by these Low Engaged Users in January 2023

Things I have tried : 

I have set the time duration to 7 months (July'22 to Jan'23) in the panel.

I created a visitor level segment as shown in the image

ranka_ujjwal_0-1677262333192.png

But this segment is wrong for the reason below

As it is a visitor level segment,

Mistake 1 : It sees in the complete time duration (7 months) I should have less than 6 visits. (This is wrong because I wanted last 6 months only)

As a visitor level segment satisfies the condition in the complete time duration.

I hope I was able to articulate the problem correctly.

I am looking for creation of the right segment. My hunch is we might require 2 segments

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Below is the correct answer.

Happy to learn if there any other way to create the segment which gives the same results.

First you create this segment
Visit Level Segment : Visits exists and time duration you require (in this case it is from July to Dec'22) calling this as 1st segment 

ranka_ujjwal_0-1677928108739.png

You put this in AND condition with the container below

And create a new container,

In the new container (Visitor Level)

• You put the first segment in sequential fashion. (1st Segment then 1st Segment then 6 times and exclude all those visitors)

ranka_ujjwal_1-1677928273943.png

This will exclude all those visitors who had visits more than 6 in the (6 month time frame we selected) and

Since your panel has date range selected for 7 months.

You need to drag month of January and the units metrics

The final result will look like this 

ranka_ujjwal_2-1677928610236.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

I think part of the problem is that in the segment you're using the month dimension. Instead, try creating a custom date range and using that instead of the month dimension. That should fix the first problem of getting it to show the visits from the correct time frame.

Level 2

The problem with this is that when you use custom date range, it will overwrite the time period of the panel.

So in this case, even though I would be able to get correct visits, I won't be able to get units of January'23.

You can create the segment once at your end and have a quick check as well

Community Advisor

Dear @ranka_ujjwal.

Related to the comment on Mistake 1, even if you add 7 months to your workspace, the segment will not include the visitors (Visit >=6) for the month of January, because your segment condition is restricted only from July 2022 to Dec 2022.

Check out the post and the comments from  

Correct answer by
Level 2

Below is the correct answer.

Happy to learn if there any other way to create the segment which gives the same results.

First you create this segment
Visit Level Segment : Visits exists and time duration you require (in this case it is from July to Dec'22) calling this as 1st segment 

ranka_ujjwal_0-1677928108739.png

You put this in AND condition with the container below

And create a new container,

In the new container (Visitor Level)

• You put the first segment in sequential fashion. (1st Segment then 1st Segment then 6 times and exclude all those visitors)

ranka_ujjwal_1-1677928273943.png

This will exclude all those visitors who had visits more than 6 in the (6 month time frame we selected) and

Since your panel has date range selected for 7 months.

You need to drag month of January and the units metrics

The final result will look like this 

ranka_ujjwal_2-1677928610236.png