Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Mentor Isha Gupta] Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship Program 2024

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Analytics Community Mentor, Isha Gupta, who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Analytics questions as you prepare for the Adobe Analytics Business Practitioner Expert Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E208)through to the end of the program. 

Meet your Mentor

Isha_pic.jpgAs the saying goes, if you love what you do, you never have to work a single day! I am lucky enough to be living along these lines during last ten years with Digital Analytics. I am currently channelling my passion as Digital Analytics Lead for Three Ireland, Ireland's largest telecommunications and lifestyle accessories provider. I have worked with multiple organizations handling Fortune 500 clients across industries including B2B & B2C alike on various Adobe Experience Cloud products. I have been responsible for managing & executing end-to-end analytics processes from requirements gathering to key insights generation and providing recommendations for personalization strategies and executing them. At Three, I am single handedly managing entire Adobe Analytics ecosystem following entire Digital Analytics lifecycle including tagging requirement analysis, implementation, QA, reporting, and insights generation. As Adobe Analytics Champion 2023 and leader of Ireland Adobe Analytics User Group, I strongly advocate importance of Digital Analytics.

Aspirants mapped to Mentor, Isha 

1. vanipv
  2. Ying_Liu 
  3. AvniShah
  4. jc608
  5. JyotiSharmaV
  6. Karuppiah_Sakthivel
  7. TuhinaDasChoudhury 

How to participate 

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Analytics Certification during the duration of the program: July 24th, 2024 – September 4th, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with Mentor, Isha, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  *You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate! 

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants:

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants.
  • "Like" this thread to confirm your participation in the program
  • Introduce yourself to Isha and your Aspirant peers by Replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Analytics  
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about theAdobe Analytics Business Practitioner Expert Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E208)
  • Test your Analytics knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Analytics Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs!
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Analytics Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts!

Quick links 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

46 Replies

Administrator

Awesome, thanks Sean. Look foward to the mentorship program with you, Isha 

Level 4

Thanks Sean!

Hi Everyone,

It's a pleasure to meet you all! I can't wait to embark on this wonderful learning journey together.

About me-
As the saying goes, if you love what you do, you never have to work a single day! I am lucky enough to be living along these lines during last ten years with Digital Analytics. I have been I am currently channeling my passion as Digital Analytics Lead for Three Ireland, Ireland's largest telecommunications and lifestyle accessories provider. I have worked with multiple organizations handling Fortune 500 clients across industries including B2B & B2C alike on various Adobe Experience Cloud products. I have been responsible for managing & executing end-to-end analytics processes from requirements gathering to key insights generation and providing recommendations for personalization strategies and executing them. At Three, I am single handedly managing entire Adobe Analytics ecosystem following entire Digital Analytics lifecycle including tagging requirement analysis, implementation, QA, reporting, and insights generation. As Adobe Analytics Champion 2023 and leader of Ireland Adobe Analytics User Group, I strongly advocate the importance and adoption of Digital Analytics.

Please feel free to add your introductions and we can start this exciting journey!

Best,

Isha

Community Advisor

Thank you Isha for leading this group. I am looking forward to working with you in this mentorship program. 

Level 3

Hello everyone! 
Nice to meet you all. I am excited to learn together as we embark on this journey. 

My name is Jodi. I have been working in Adobe Analytics for just over 3 years. I have prior experience with GA, GA4, and MS Clarity. I also have some experience with Adobe Experience Manager, and Adobe Target. I have a background in eCommerce, Marketing, SEO, and Paid Search. 

I have been in my current role as DX Web Metrics Analyst at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan for just over two years. My previous position was also non-eCommerce related, and I am a bit nervous for parts of the exam that may touch on eCommerce topics.  

Thanks @seanrobinson  and @igupta for hosting and mentoring this great opportunity.

Level 4

Thanks Jodi. We will make sure to have them eCommerce concepts brushed up for you!

Level 3

Hello all - 

Does anyone have experience exporting/importing data from Salesforce Marketing Cloud? 

Thanks, 

Jodi

Level 4

Hi Jodi,

Thanks for asking this question. Are you looking to essentially integrate Adobe Analytics with Salesforce Marketing Cloud? If so, I believe, there is a connector that you can utilize. Sharing link for documentation -

https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.dato_data_streams_api_connect_adobeanal.htm&type=5

Level 3

Thanks @igupta  - I will review this and share with our SFMC and dev teams. 

Community Advisor

we are also in conversation for the same and I hope I will post some questions here on that. Thanks for sharing the documentation @igupta 

Level 3

@JyotiSharmaV - I have had some success by setting up segments and sharing them with an Admin. The team that was setting up the Marketing Cloud Intelligence (formerly Datorama) dashboards are able to see the segments (page level) and can map some of the metrics, however they are having a problem breaking it down (or filtering) on the Campaign code. 

Have you had any luck? 
Regards, 
Jodi

Level 3

Hi Everyone,

Nice to meet you all. I'm new to Adobe Analytics and currently working with Adobe Target while leading the optimization team. I believe Adobe Analytics will greatly enhance our strategy-building efforts. Thank you, Sean and Isha, for selecting me as an Aspirant.

Thanks

Karuppiah Sakthivel

Level 4

Hi Karuppiah,

Thanks for introducing yourself. We can start learning right away!

Best,

Isha

Level 4

Hello Everyone,

Hope you all are having great day! To start with our certification journey, I am sharing few resources that will help us in achieving the success. I suggest everyone to take online readiness questionnaire to assess ourselves first. I am also sharing course details along with course prep links. We can take one topic each week and meet once every week to discuss the doubts. Feel free to post on this thread to open discussions meanwhile. Sharing breakdown of course by week below.

• Week 1 - Section 1: Understanding Analytics in the Adobe Experience Cloud Ecosystem (10%)
    Week 2 - Section 2: Reporting and dashboarding for projects (30%)
  • Week 3 - Section 3: Segmentation and calculated metrics (22%)
    Week 4 -  Section 4: General tool knowledge and troubleshooting (12%)
    Week 5 - Section 5: Administration (10%)
    Week 6 - Take Test

Useful Links

1. Free Practice Tests from Adobe  - https://www.certmetrics.com/adobe/default.aspx 
  2. Exam Prep Course - https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/220
  3. Online Readiness Questionnairehttps://scorpion.caveon.com/launchpad/ad-q-e208-readiness-questionnaire-for-adobe-analytics-business...

Starting next week, we will be starting with "Section 1: Understanding Analytics in the Adobe Experience Cloud Ecosystem (10%)". I will post course links and we can start the discussion.

Happy learning everyone! Feel free to reach out if you have any doubts meanwhile.

Best,
Isha

Level 4

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are having a great day! Sharing an overview of the exam topics as we work towards our Business Practitioner Expert certification. There are four main sections we’ll be focusing on, along with their overall emphasis on the final exam. They are:

• Section 1: Understanding Analytics in the Adobe Cloud Ecosystem (10%)
      • Demonstrate knowledge on utilizing the Adobe Experience Cloud ID
      • Demonstrate understanding of Adobe Launch
      • Demonstrate understanding of common integrations across the Adobe Experience Cloud Ecosystem

• Section 2: Reporting and dashboarding for projects (30%)
      • Consider the advantages of using a reporting tool based on a given scenario
      • Compare fallout and flow visualization and appropriate variable types for reporting
      • Apply the process to schedule Projects and Data Warehouse
      • Apply the process to share Projects and Reporting and Analytics dashboards for different users and/or groups
      • Apply the process to set Alerts
      • Apply the process to lookup the dimensions/components
      • Apply the process to create a visualization
      • Given a scenario, determine the appropriate item to use
      • Apply the process to create, configure, and use mobile scorecards

• Section 3: Segmentation and calculated metrics (22%)
      • Determine how to develop and configure segments
      • Apply the process to share segments with others in the organization
      • Compare segments
      • Apply segments to Projects and Components
      • Apply the process to generate calculated and/or segmented metrics

• Section 4: General tool knowledge and troubleshooting (12%)  
      • Analyze reports and identify data quality issues
      • Define different types of dimensions and parameters existing in Adobe Analytics (eVars, props and events)
      • Determine how to bring data in and out of Adobe Analytics
      • Identify information from marketing URLs

• Section 5: Administration (10%)  
      • Apply the process to configure the Marketing Channel reports with Marketing Channel processing rules
      • Apply the process to configure Classification Importer and Rule Builder
      • Apply the process to configure a virtual report suite based upon an existing segment
      • Use the Data Feed Manager Admin UI
      • Understanding of data governance

Make sure to visit Exam Prep Course for all the materials here - https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/220

Any questions, please feel free to reply to this thread.

Level 4

Quiz of the week

Q. Which of these report would help you see users (group of users) sharing common characteristics over a specified period?

1. Fallout
  2. Flow report
  3. Cohort Analysis
  4. Segment Comparison

Please input your replies and we can start the discussion.

Level 4

Thanks. Cohort Analysis is indeed correct answer. You can read more about cohort analysis here.

Community Advisor

Isn't that something segment comparison also does? Because you get to see commonality there in vein diagrams that come up after running segment comparison. That was my thought behind selecting segment comparison.

Though cohort is of course something that works for a set of people with common behavior and there progression over the time we select. What are your thoughts?