Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Mentor Isha Gupta] Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship Program 2024

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Analytics Community Mentor, Isha Gupta, who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Analytics questions as you prepare for the Adobe Analytics Business Practitioner Expert Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E208)through to the end of the program. 

Meet your Mentor

Isha_pic.jpgAs the saying goes, if you love what you do, you never have to work a single day! I am lucky enough to be living along these lines during last ten years with Digital Analytics. I am currently channelling my passion as Digital Analytics Lead for Three Ireland, Ireland's largest telecommunications and lifestyle accessories provider. I have worked with multiple organizations handling Fortune 500 clients across industries including B2B & B2C alike on various Adobe Experience Cloud products. I have been responsible for managing & executing end-to-end analytics processes from requirements gathering to key insights generation and providing recommendations for personalization strategies and executing them. At Three, I am single handedly managing entire Adobe Analytics ecosystem following entire Digital Analytics lifecycle including tagging requirement analysis, implementation, QA, reporting, and insights generation. As Adobe Analytics Champion 2023 and leader of Ireland Adobe Analytics User Group, I strongly advocate importance of Digital Analytics.

Aspirants mapped to Mentor, Isha 

1. vanipv
  2. Ying_Liu 
  3. AvniShah
  4. jc608
  5. JyotiSharmaV
  6. Karuppiah_Sakthivel
  7. TuhinaDasChoudhury 

How to participate 

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Analytics Certification during the duration of the program: July 24th, 2024 – September 4th, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with Mentor, Isha, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  *You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate! 

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants:

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants.
  • "Like" this thread to confirm your participation in the program
  • Introduce yourself to Isha and your Aspirant peers by Replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Analytics  
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about theAdobe Analytics Business Practitioner Expert Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E208)
  • Test your Analytics knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Analytics Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs!
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Analytics Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts!

Quick links 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

46 Replies

Level 4

Hi @JyotiSharmaV ,

That's a great question and thanks for sharing your thoughts! Though what you are saying absolutely makes sense, but with segment comparison you would not be able to go further in time and group on common characteristics. For example, take this scenario - If you want to report on number of users who are returning to login to your website every week. You would be looking at the specific cohort of visitors who have logged in over duration of weeks. Segment comparison on the other hand can give you an overlap of visitors let's say who have logged in from mobile and desktop both.

Hope this makes this clear! If not, please feel free to ask more questions as that's going to make the learning journeys smooth.

Community Advisor

I will go with Segment Comparison as it's more of a characteristic-based 

Level 3

@igupta - We have pretty tight permissions within our organization, and it looks like I may need Admin access to work through some of the course modules. Is there a sandbox or test environment that we can use during this mentorship program?

Level 4

Hi @jc608 ,

As per my understanding there are two ways of getting access to sandbox.

1. If your organization is Adobe's solution partner, you can request access to Sandbox through SPP portal.

2. You can request free sandbox directly from Adobe but I have limited info on this and I believe it only offers workspace functionality. - https://adobeexchangeec.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016599972-Adobe-Analytics-Access-Your-Sandb...

Hi @seanrobinson - Is there any other way to get access to sandbox? Can you please advise?

Level 4

Hi vanipv Ying_Liu , AvniShah , jc608, JyotiSharmaV,  Karuppiah_Sakthivel, TuhinaDasChoudhury 

How is everyone doing? We are at the wrap of week 1. Does everyone had the chance to review the section marked for week 1?

• Section 1: Understanding Analytics in the Adobe Cloud Ecosystem (10%)
      • Demonstrate knowledge on utilizing the Adobe Experience Cloud ID
      • Demonstrate understanding of Adobe Launch
      • Demonstrate understanding of common integrations across the Adobe Experience Cloud Ecosystem

Also, at no point, please feel the pressure of timelines. The goal is to learn and that can be according to your own pace. As pretty evident, we all are busy with our work and personal commitments too!

Administrator

I am travelling this week and will do some catch up this weekend thanks for checking 

Level 3

I am about halfway through the first section. I've especially liked the information on the segment comparison panel as we don't routinely use this feature. It was nice to learn that in freeform tables where there are static rows, it's possible to change the settings to total only those rows. Just a couple of the gems picked up on so far! 

Jodi

Level 4

Hey @jc608 ,
It's great to know that you are learning new things through this process! Please keep letting us know as it keeps everyone motivated.

Level 4

Hi vanipv Ying_Liu , AvniShah , jc608, JyotiSharmaV,  Karuppiah_Sakthivel, TuhinaDasChoudhury ,

For those of you, who were able to review this content, please feel free to use this thread for Q&As. I am open to scheduling a weekly one hour call as well for discussions and queries. Please let me know your thoughts and we can schedule one this week.

CC: @seanrobinson 
Best,
Isha

Level 3

Hi @igupta - A weekly meeting sounds great. My Fridays are usually pretty open. Thanks!

Level 4

Sounds great! I am not sure of everyone's time zone. I am in GMT. I will create a user group event and share link here to join as I think, that would be easiest to manage & record for those who can't make it. I will try to schedule something for this week. If not, next week onwards, we can have the catch ups.

Level 4

Hi vanipv Ying_Liu , AvniShah , jc608, JyotiSharmaV,  Karuppiah_Sakthivel, TuhinaDasChoudhury ,

Hope everyone is having an amazing week! I had a long weekend here in Ireland. For Week 2, we would be focusing on section 2 of the syllabus. Please feel free to review the content at your own timelines.

• Section 2: Reporting and dashboarding for projects (30%)
      • Consider the advantages of using a reporting tool based on a given scenario
      • Compare fallout and flow visualization and appropriate variable types for reporting
      • Apply the process to schedule Projects and Data Warehouse
      • Apply the process to share Projects and Reporting and Analytics dashboards for different users and/or groups
      • Apply the process to set Alerts
      • Apply the process to lookup the dimensions/components
      • Apply the process to create a visualization
      • Given a scenario, determine the appropriate item to use
      • Apply the process to create, configure, and use mobile scorecards

Level 3

Hi. Quick question... are we able to take the practice exam more than once? Thanks, Jodi

Level 4

Hello vanipv Ying_Liu , AvniShah , jc608, JyotiSharmaV,  Karuppiah_Sakthivel, TuhinaDasChoudhury ,,

That's a wrap for week 2. How is everyone doing? I would love to know your learnings, thoughts, what's working well and what's not. I would love to get participation and ideas from all of you!

If you want me to cover any specific topic, we can do that as well.

Best,
Isha

Level 4

Time for weekly quiz!

Which Adobe Analytics tool provide the most granular or hit level data?

1. Report Builder
  2. Data Warehouse
  3. Data Feeds
  4. Analytics API 2.0
  5. Both B & C

Level 3

I am going to go with #3, "Data Feeds" as the way to provide the most granular (hit based and visitor ID), Data Warehouse what we use to access variables that are not pulled into Workspace, like IP addresses, etc. (But am a bit torn thinking #5 could also be correct. Depending...)

Level 4

You are absolutely correct. We get hit level granular data only from Data Feeds. Consider this as data taken straight to Database tables. Data warehouse is useful when you want to pull huge data and data such as you mentioned IP address.

Level 4

Thank you @jc608 & @JyotiSharmaV for replying.

Correct answer is C - Data Feeds. Only the data feed provides hit-level granularity; the rest are aggregated. 

igupta_0-1723217040534.png

Reference - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/analyze/admin-overview/analytics-product-compar...

Administrator

Interesting! I didn't know this. Thanks for sharing.