Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Workfront Research Study: Reporting Calendar Discovery

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

I'm Eden Soper, a UX Designer at Workfront, and for this study I am hoping to speak to 5 customers about how they use reporting calendars today, out-of-the-box, workarounds, etc.

This study will take approximately 45 minutes. With my schedule, I have the start of this study in about 2 weeks, over 2 weeks.

If you're interested, sign up below:

https://calendly.com/wf-product-research/reporting-calendar-discovery

Thanks,

Eden

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thank you for your interest in talking about reporting calendars! The sign-up period for this study is now closed.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 10

Hi I don’t have time to participate but I have only two requests

• to be able to print a calendar and have it be based on a specific range of months
  • the date range that is displayed at the top has nothing to do with the dates you see on your screen. For example it may say Feb 2021-May 2021 but you are actually viewing April 2021 - May 2021. Because the month you are viewing is hard to distinguish, that range displayed at the top of the screen doesn’t give you any clue as to what you are looking at.

Level 2

Thank you for your reply, Jill! That second bullet point seems partially like a bug, but we definitely could do more in terms of making it more obvious what month you're looking at.

I have a follow-up question to your first bullet point: what do you do with the calendar you print out?

Level 10
Hi A few reasons - not everyone is a licensed user and while I can give them access to a calendar, it’s not always easy for them to access it or know what they are looking at. And also, I like to print it when we have meetings about upcoming projects because we shuffle due dates of projects A LOT and it’s much easier to make a note on a printed calendar than trying to write out notes when 10 project deadlines change and try to decipher it all after to update all 10 projects with the new due dates. It’s too cumbersome to try to edit a project’s deadline during the meeting while everyone waits quietly, change the dates, go back to the calendar, etc. And finally, when planning for the long term (ie when I’m setting a project schedule for next year) it Is much better to print out the whole year to have a view of what we’ve done, and so can plan what we are going to do in the future, than to try scrolling around a screen (especially when the months are hard to see). I generally keep a printout of the last 2 years on my desk for easy reference to easily look up when was the last time we did a certain set of projects. This is because cadence is important for what we do. We schedule to release certain things once a week, or once a month, and so the visual of when each set of projects is in market makes planning easier. Hope that explains it.

Level 2

Great! Thank you for the insight into how you do your work! This is incredibly helpful and valuable for me to know this for when we work on better solutions/make reporting calendars easier to use.

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple more slots open to talk about how you are using reporting calendars. If you're interested, please sign up for a time slot here: https://calendly.com/wf-product-research/reporting-calendar-discovery

Thanks!

Eden

Level 6

Hi Eden,

We (Rego Consulting and my client) recently had a call with Jeremy to discuss Calendar features we would like to see. I hope he is able to share the recording with you. Thanks

Level 2

Thank you, Elissa! I will touch base with Jeremy.

Community Advisor

I'll sign up but mostly I would like to find out if there's a way to reflect schedule exceptions on the same report as PTO.

Level 2

Thanks for signing up! We can take time in the call to go over what you mean by that.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thank you for your interest in talking about reporting calendars! The sign-up period for this study is now closed.