Expand my Community achievements bar.

Who have migrated to Adobe Admin Console?

Level 10

I've taken a look at the site that was referenced by support : The new Workfront experience | Platform-based administration differences (Adobe Workfront/Adobe Busi..., if this was to replace our admin console, one of the biggest issue I'd have is the login as feature which greatly helps us see what the users are having trouble with. So I'm asking you who have migrated, do you have the login as somewhere else or is that fully taken away?

Also, what does that mean for SSO? you'd have 2 applications now that need to connect to SSO?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

31 Replies

Level 5

I would also be interested in seeing other's experience with this.

Level 10

We were on track to put Workfront on SSO and now I'm confused because we manage Workfront separate from our Adobe licenses, which are separate from our corporate logins. This all feels "out of the blue" and now suddenly I'm getting urgent messages about IMS accounts, trying to decide if I even WANT Workfront merged with our Creative Suite app management (which I really don't since it's two separate sets of admins), etc.

Level 10

They are now asking us about our Adobe Org ID which is handled by a different team and possibly involve people who are not in Workfront and it says it requires immediate action! I agree that it feels so out of the blue and not a lot of information is expressed beforehand. They are just asking us to take action right away.

I've heard back from our customer success manager, the SSO will have to be moved to the Adobe platform. The login as feature will stay on Workfront.

As I'm not seeing other customers talking about it, is it targeted to customers using other adobe products to be moved to that console?

Former Community Member

Hi Polly, we appreciate you reaching out. We'd like to schedule some time with you to ensure we address any questions or concerns you might have in regards to your migration to the Adobe Admin Console. Please keep a lookout for an invitation from your Adobe account team. Thank you.

Level 6

We are also waiting on feedback from our CSM on that topic, we have over 1,5k users in WF and only a small portion of those users have an AdobeID. Our IT team currently would have any resources to manage any major update on the SSO part.

Level 3

I will be interested in finding the answer as well. I really don't see why we would need to merge as Workfront is totally separate from Adobe in our company. Very poor communication from Workfront on this subject.

Level 6

I would be interested in this as well. For larger organizations, like the one I work for, something like this may seem simple but it could be a larger issue to do compliance issues and just the time it takes to switch something in a larger organization. There isn't a lot of communication or information around this either. How soon does everyone need to be on Adobe Admin Console?

Level 2

I am also very concerned about this. I have struggled to get any information out of our account rep or from the support ticket that was sent over - this thread has actually been more informative. Our company also does not really utilize other Adobe products so this seems to be more of a headache than anything.

Former Community Member

Greetings all. There is currently a communication out to all customers for Adobe Experience League and this is a separate migration from fully integrating the Workfront solution to Adobe Admin Console.

Currently, a small and select amount of customers are being offered to migrate Workfront to the Adobe Admin console. Future updates as to the status of migrations by other customers will be communicated in the second half of 2022 via announcement center, quarterly roadmap webinars, etc as to make sure customers are well informed of the path forward of combining the Workfront solution and the great features of Adobe Admin Console.

Level 5

Hello Merritt,

The email we received about this was not billed as optional.

" Case Number XXXXX - Immediate Action Required: Adobe IMS org decisions needed"

Is it safe to treat this as a low priority for when we have time? We just moved our remaining classic users over and are a little concerned about another mandatory move already.

Level 10

Same here; sounded mandatory. I really don't have time to deal with this right now, can I ignore it or respond that I decline until the official effort starts?

Level 10

We also received a case number. I haven't received a response from support or a lot of info from our CSM on this matter. :(

Level 10

Same one we received. Also, this ticket does not have the same prompt response times as is normal for Support…it takes days to hear back from anyone, so the "conversation" is taking forever. I tried to get a meeting to just get through it, but they are not scheduling meetings for this one.

Honestly, I want to keep Workfront separate from our other Adobe management because it's a different team and we have no need of any upper-level console (i.e., some management level "above" Workfront). We just want to use the app and manage the app, Adobe as the parent is irrelevant and redundant.

Community Advisor

100% agree about keeping it separate, Kevin!

Level 4

Throwing in my two cents as well - I fully agree that it was not represented as optional. How can I defer making the change at this time, @Merritt Reed‚ ?

Level 10

Ditto. This request came from out of no where. No background and not a lot of info. The emails have an urgent tone and do not give any indication that it is optional. I've passed what info I've received to our IT group and even they are scratching their heads and want more info. I've updated the case that Support opened to reach out to us, but so far I haven't had a response. Very disappointed with the lack of communication and timing of this.

Level 2

Agreed. The tone of the e-mail and no background led me to believe it was a spear phishing e-mail. I reached out to our rep and got more background. Not communicated well at all initially.

Community Advisor

I did the same thing, @Kelly Wehrmann‚ I thought my IT person was being difficult by not providing it, it's nice to hear everyone's reaction to this and know that he wasn't being overly protective. We talked to our CSM, but he wasn't able to provide any additional context.

Level 4

I too received the Immediate Action Required Email with a case #. I had absolutely no clue what they were talking about. After several emails back and forth with Customer Support, the last response was:

Thank you for confirming. Since your company does not have an Adobe Org ID, you will not need to take any further action at this time, and we will plan to create an Adobe Org ID for you and your company. As we move closer to future stages of the Adobe Experience League Migration, I will reach out to you again via this ticket with any additional action items.

We need more context and a better explanation. Perhaps Immediate Action Required referred to just sending a response back to support one way or another 😉.

Former Community Member

Thanks for posting about this - we've been struggling to get more information about what this will entail from Support (which has not responded to my email) and our account rep (who didn't have too much info to share beyond what was in the initial support email/announcement). We have close to 1,000 users accessing Workfront via SSO, and only a couple dozen use Adobe Creative Cloud. They're spread amongst multiple Adobe IMS Orgs depending on department, and none use SSO with Adobe. Reading the linked support documents, two big concerns jump out for us in addition to the basic mechanism of what the SSO sign-in experience will be:

What is the onboarding experience like for new users? Can new users be auto-provisioned via SSO like they currently can in Workfront?

The support documents mention "log in as" is not supported with Adobe - that is a function we use a lot for both support and for ensuring our layouts/permissions/etc. work as expected

for our users when deploying updates. Losing that function would be a big issue and force us to seriously adjust some of our admin/support workflows.

Hoping a lot more information is forthcoming from Adobe/Workfront on this issue. Not really looking forward right now to implementing this change, as it feels like there will be a lot of unintended consequences which will degrade the Workfront experience.