Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

What Screen Capture software do you like?

Level 10
Hi: What screen capture software do you use? WorkFront Tech Support asked me to use the ILOS Screen Recorder. It works painlessly and I like it for video. I used to use PSR. On a Windows computer, PSR is a program that comes with every computer. It doesn't shoot video, but it does describe everything that is going on and provides a series of screen shots anytime something changes. It provides more details than video capture software. What do you use that you like? Thanks, Eric
9 Replies

Level 10
I use SnagIt 12. It allows recording and has a bunch of great tools that make it easy to markup and share screen captures, and basic editing of videos.

Level 8
I use Jing. It’s free and easy to use.

Level 10
Like Narayan, I use SnagIt 8 (still my favorite Old School version) with the One Click configured as a pull down on hover at the top of my screen, and like Adina, I use Jing, with its pulldown centered sunrise-like in the middle of the SnagIt pulldown. For more professional grade videos, such as the videos on www.atappstore.com or www.espsuite.ca, I use Camtasia Studio, which is glorious (and costs accordingly). Regards, Doug

Level 8
I have Jing configured to activate using Ctrl+j. This allows me to take a screenshot while a pulldown menu is open for example (or if I need to hover over something to show a tooltip).

Level 10
I use Microsoft Expression Encoder Screen Capture, free application. Whenever I need to send something to support that's better explained by a video, I'll use that. Then I also use Awesome Screenshot extension on Chrome, it allows me to annotate on the screen capture.

Level 10
I use the Snipping Tool that came with my Windows computer for screenshots (it is in the Accesories folder) and then I recently got Camtasia for videos. Camtasia is very nice but a little more advanced then I need it. You can do complete video editing in it, but I'm not that much of a perfectionist when it comes to training videos. ;)

Level 7
I also use SnagIt V11, and Camtasia for more elaborate needs.

Level 8
I just use the Snipping Tool that comes with Windows like Anthony. I haven't had the need to capture videos.

Level 10
I highly recommend moving to one of the other solutions mentioned in here. The snipping tool is okay, but the ability to do callouts and quick edits is really a time-saver.