Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

WF Proof Comments via MS Teams

Level 3

When responding to a WF Proof comment via the card in MS Teams, the updates don't go into the proof comment stream. They only appear in the updates portion of the proof details page. Any idea how to correct this? or if this is the expected functionality?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

This seems to me that is as designed. How would someone make a reliable comment about the content of a proof if they aren’t looking at the proof? The logic here would be they are commenting about the proof as a document, but not making actionable edits, where you would need to use one of the tools to indicate which part of the proof you refer to.

Level 3

Agreed, however my instance it where a person uses the proof interface to make a comment, then someone responds to that comment. So the initial commenter already knows the content that specific comment is referring to and would like to just be able to comment back via Teams and not have to open the Proof interface. It's not how I would handle it, but that's what the user is asking for, so I'm investigating.

Level 10

That is interesting. so the thread gets broken up -- you can have the first comment in the proof and a reply in the same thread doesn't appear. That seems wrong.

Level 3

yeah, the first comment is in the proof, there is a response which sends a WF Card to Teams for the original commenter. But the reply, via Teams, doesn't go back to the proof, only the update stream on the document details.