Expand my Community achievements bar.

We would like to include the same person in two different stages of a Workflow. However, when attempting this the change is reflected in "Activity," but does not appear in the template, or when adding a new Proof.\n\n\n\nProofing Workflows

Level 3

We would like to include the same person in two different stages of a Workflow. However, when attempting this the change is reflected in "Activity," but does not appear in the template, or when adding a new Proof.

Ideally, the same person could be a Reviewer & Approver in Stage 1, and just a Reviewer in Stage 2. The attached PDF helps illustrate this question.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi @Rick Booth‚

There is no attached pdf I can see. Yes you are right, the system does not allows to add the same person in different stages. Which is not workable. Many cases it happens that same person shares the approval / review in different stages also.

May be some other solution available.

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 3

Thanks for the response Kundan. The PDF referenced in my previous message is now attached.

Level 6

I don’t think it’s possible. We wanted to do the same thing. Our director has a stage for approval but some project need to be sent to the VP. He likes to be cc’d on anything sent to VP so he can respond to their comments but it won’t let us add him to her stage since he is already in a different stage. If we set him to “all activity” he would get everyone’s comments from every stage and that’s too much. Thought about testing changing him to all activity or decisions after the proof has moved to the VP stage to see if that would work but haven't tried it yet. Love to know if anyone comes up with a solution for this.

Level 10

We were told by Support that this isn't possible (same person in multiple stages on the same PHQ routing). We need this for similar reasons as others: one role in the main stage, but that same person has a different role in the next stage.

An example is someone as read-only in Stage 1 to watch the conversation but not participate, but that person gets their own stage once everyone else has spoken, and have Review & Approval for that second stage.

Level 5

Has anyone came up with a solution for this? We are running into the same issues and would love to know any workarounds.