Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

User can't see reports

Level 10

I have 2 users with the exact same setup as far as I can tell comparing side by side all the details in the User Setup. I have shared a dashboard and shared all 3 reports that are on the dash with both of them. Karen can see all 3 reports. Gina can see only 1 report. and the dashboard. I've put in a support request a week ago with no response. Any ideas what else I should check or how I can get Gina to see the 2 invisible reports?

Both these users are Reviewer licenses, if that matters.

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hey Jill,

Did you check the permissions on the projects that the data is pulling from? She would need at least view access to the projects to show on the reports. Alternatively, you can run the reports with the access rights of you or another user that has access to the the projects.0694X00000DU0rBQAT.jpgIf you run with another users access rights, Gina will not be able to edit any information that she doesn't have access to on the projects, but she will be able to see the data.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Do they both have the same access level? Are there built-in reports in the dashboard? Admins have the ability to hide or show built-in reports via the access levels. Maybe something worth checking?

Level 10

What do you mean by "access level" where am I checking that? They have the same license, group, team, company and layout template and all 4 things (dash and 3 reports) were shared with their Group and also with them each personally, just in case. The dashboard and reports were both created by me, none are built-in that I know of.

Level 10

Setup> Access Levels.

If you created all the reports then that's not the issue.

Level 10

Well just in case i edited the Access Levels to be able to view built in reports and it didn't change anything. Thanks for trying though!

Community Advisor

Hi Jill,

Can you clarify the following:

1. Are the two report that Gina can't see completely missing from the dashboard, or are they present just with with no values populated?
  2. What object types are three reports based on and which of the three is the one that is visible?

Best Regards,

Rich

Level 10
Very good questions! She can see the title of the 2 reports but there is no data populated Report 1 = Project object (Milestone report) ‚Äì not visible to Gina Report 2 = Task object ‚Äì not visible to Gina Report 3= = Project object (Milestone report) ‚Äì visible to Gina Reports 1 & 3 are the same report with a different filter that shows different portfolios and Gina can see one and not the other. Report 1 & 2 are both looking at all projects within the same portfolio ‚Äì the ones Gina can’t see. It leads me to believe she is not able to see projects within that Portfolio ‚Äì but all the projects are set to access for the same group and Gina is a member of that group, just like Karen. I checked the settings of the Portfolio, Projects and Group and I don’t see any reason she doesn’t have view capabilities for the projects within this portfolio.

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hey Jill,

Did you check the permissions on the projects that the data is pulling from? She would need at least view access to the projects to show on the reports. Alternatively, you can run the reports with the access rights of you or another user that has access to the the projects.0694X00000DU0rBQAT.jpgIf you run with another users access rights, Gina will not be able to edit any information that she doesn't have access to on the projects, but she will be able to see the data.

Hope that helps!

Level 10
Hi Sarah THANK YOU I finally figured it out. The problem wasn’t the report ‚Äì it’s the Project itself. I have to share each project with the Group that Gina is in. The reason Karen could see and Gina couldn’t is because she’s the one who submitted the original request that made the project. The report that Gina can see is because she’s in a group that those projects have been shared with. SOLVED.