Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Unique ways to send custom "We have received your request, and will be in touch in x-amount of days" emails

Level 4

Hello all!

We are looking for the best way to submit notifications to users when they submit requests. I know there are some out of the box notifications in Workfront, but I think ours go out of that realm. Think is the key word there.

Overall, we want users to get the notification that they have submitted a request, but want to add some language that says "We will be in touch in x-amount of days" with the x-amount of days varying between groups.

My initial thought was to system wide change the subject lines to something like "Thank you for your request: please review the email below on next steps", and have the generic Workfront notification get sent.

In doing so, I am realizing that the planned start and planned completion were not pulling into the notification, which right there stops me from going this route.

Looking for anything unique that you all have done.

Thanks!

Tim

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 7

Hey Tim,

I am not seeing a way to do this within Workfront, other than creating a reminder notification and e-mail template, but someone would manually have to go into each issue that is created and check the reminder notification box once the request is submitted and that notification would not go out until the following day.

I did create an automation with Power Automate to do this through the API and there are probably solutions with Fusion to do this as well. Let me know if you want more info on how I set ours up.

Thanks,

Sarah