Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Thumbnail view of task images in workfront

Level 2
Hey Nikki, Check out this discussion - https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=b48568... @Matt Marks is a wizard with this stuff! Good luck! Sarah Nau Dominium Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Employee
Hey Nikki, Check out this discussion - https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=b48568... @Matt Marks is a wizard with this stuff! Good luck! Sarah Nau Dominium Inc.

Level 6
Hopefully this works... as a colleague wrote a variation of this function and I modified it for simplicity. (the original was a clickable link, and had some misc garbage residual code that I cleaned out) First, you need to store the image location in each task somehow. So after you upload the image, right click and copy the thumbnail URL. I suspect you could use custom fields to store the link, but we just paste it into the existing "URL" field. Then you simply call to that field in a view column. The text mode for the view's "image" column looks like this: displayname=IMAGE image.valuefield=URL textmode=true type=image valueformat= let me know if that works or not. - Matt Matt Marks Banner Engineering Corp.

Level 6
Small side note for copying the URL link for the thumbnail. Make sure you copy from the thumbnail view of the image, rather than opening the image. If you open the image and then copy the link, you get an AWS link that will not work. The link should have "workfront.com" and "thumbnail" in it. Also, there might be some extra URL code that can be dropped. I think the image display is slightly better for small images if you delete the "&size=DOCUMENT_SHARE" part of the URL. Play around and see what works best for you. Matt Marks Banner Engineering Corp.

Level 2
Thank you so much!! This is exactly what I needed. Nikki Angel Burrows

Level 2
Matt that worked like a charm. Almost like magic :) Thank you for your help! I'm quite new to the community and have found everyone so helpful and knowledgeable already. Thanks all!!! Nikki Angel Burrows

Level 6
Glad it worked! Happy to help Matt Marks Banner Engineering Corp.

Level 2

Hello! I know this is an old, thread, but wondering if you might have an idea as to how to reduce the size of the image that displays in the report (without asking the users to save the image down prior to uploading). Thanks!