Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Webinar | System Admin Essentials: Foundations of Operational Reporting (June 8, 2022)

Employee

Did you know that Reporting is the #1 requested topic for the Workfront System Admin webinar series? Outside of how to use specific functionality, we often get questions from System Admins asking WHAT they should be measuring. We’ve got those answers, and more, and our June 8 webinar, System Admin Essentials: Foundations of Operational Reporting.

Jen Desmond, former customer and Consultant with the Workfront Customer Success Services team, will be joined by Kelly Fones, Workfront System Admin for Capital One, to walk through examples of common operational metrics, pre-work that needs to be done before you start building reports, different persona types and how their reporting needs differ, and some specific, real-world examples. Don't miss it!

----------

UPDATE: This session is now available on-demand. You can access the recording via the link below and a copy of the slides is attached. Thanks for all who joined us!

View here: https://webinars.on24.com/adobe_workfront/AdminEssentialsOpReport?partnerref=WFOne

Also attached is a Kick-Start for you to import the reports that were shown during the webinar, as well as a PDF detailing the reports themselves, some adjustments made since the webinar, as well as instructions for creating a basic Task Calendar and performing the Kick-Start import. Enjoy!

0694X00000ICH5XQAX.png

15 Replies

Community Advisor

This "podcast" has been one of my favorite events! So much great tangible info and EVERYONE can learn from this. Can't wait to redo a couple of dashboards and steal these awesome ideas.

Level 2

Monique, i watched you present a few weeks ago and watched the video on 10 tips to Wow your Workfront. I am trying to follow along and set up a Report on my reports. I have a manager that is report happy and keeps copying reports to create more reports. Could you please tell me the filters you use on your Report for Reports that have not been used in a while. I cant seem to get mine to work properly. I am sure it is operator error.

Level 2

Hi Monique, I would also greatly benefit from the filters or text mode to find reports that have not been used in a while. I am trying to clean up our instance as well. Thanks if possible!

Level 2

copied from a follow up webinar so if anyone in future reads this thread here is the answer.

[10:19 AM] Evans, Monique

Samantha Williams @MoniqueEvans spoke about cleaning her custom fields - showing them on a report as to their use. How did that happen? I could have miss-understood

When you make a new report scroll all the way down to parameter. That's the technical name for a custom field (my take away is to not add filters at this point, but create it, simply rename it and save it, then go back to edit the filters--Samantha.)

another:

[10:20 AM] Evans, Monique

Laura Peraltahow can I make a report that shows when was the last time a template was used?

[10:19 AM] Evans, Monique

I make a project report grouped by template name and have the entry date column set to show maximum

another

[10:22 AM] Nichole Vargas

Samantha Williams Also, if you want to get a list of custom fields that are not currently attached/associated with a custom form, you can create a Parameter report, add the following text mode filter and save and run:

This will give you "rogue" custom fields that are not being used

EXISTS:A:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS

EXISTS:A:$$OBJCODE=CTGYPA

EXISTS:A:parameterID=FIELD:ID

[10:32 AM] Kristen Swaringen

I've discovered that you can't perform in-line editing on a custom field if the underlying report is built on a different object (e.g.,--if I've built a task report, I can show a project custom field in the report, but I can't in-line edit that field--I can only do that from a project report). Do we know if this will change with Reporting Canvas?

**answer --I'm currently in the beta. You will be able to but it's still a little limited (at least right now)

Level 1

@Monique Evans‚ YOU WERE THERE! I couldn't help myself and echo your brave and wise words from Skill Exchange with a not-so-subtle mention 😜 . So thankful for your fabulous, continuing engagement, and I know our customers agree!

Community Advisor

@Kristin Farwell‚ did you say the deck from this webinar was going to be shared? I'd like to dive deeper into some of the ideas presented 😁

@Monique Evans‚ I'm re-watching your 10 Tips to Wow Your Workfront presentation that was linked in the webinar and gleaning additional tips that I missed during the first go round. Great stuff, thanks! 🤗

Employee

@Sheri Whitten‚ I just updated the post to include the link to the on-demand recording and attached the PDF of the slides. Enjoy! Thanks for attending today. 🤗

Employee

Hi all! I've just refreshed this thread with a link to the on-demand recording and attached the PDF of the slides. Thanks again to the AMAZING @Jen Desmond‚ and @Kelly Fones‚ for sharing their expertise today. And thanks to all of you for attending and asking such thoughtful questions!

Level 4

I had to miss this live and just watched the recording. Thank you Kristin, Jen, and Kelly for this valuable session!

Level 3

When will you be posting answers to the questions that were submitted but weren't able to be addressed before we ran out of time?

Employee Advisor

For those who have outstanding questions from yesterday's webinar, Jen Desmond and another member of Customer Success team will be hosting an Ask the Expert session on Tuesday, June 14 from 9-10am MT. This is an open office hour type event so bring your questions!

Register through the Events tab > Workshops or by clicking here!

Level 1

Where would I find the kickstart that Jennifer reference in Ask the Expert?

Employee

Great question, Ann!

@Jen Desmond‚ Is this something you can share? Thanks!

Level 1

Hello everyone, Jen here!

I've attached a Kick-Start for you to import the reports shown during the webinar. I've also attached a PDF detailing the reports themselves, some adjustments I made since the webinar, as well as instructions for creating a basic Task Calendar and performing the Kick-Start import.

Keep the conversation going and thank you for such fabulous engagement!

Level 1

Looks like only the .zip attached! Here's the companion PDF as well!