Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Subgroups as Home Group?

Level 5

Hello! We just started utilizing Subgroups this week and I am wondering if it is best practice to set user's Subgroup as their Home Group or keep it as the Parent Group? Are there any benefits/disadvantages?

For example, we currently have Marketing as the Parent Group and have Creative, PMO, Production, etc. as the Subgroups. Should I be making Creative the Home Group for the creative team or keep it as Marketing?

Thank you in advance :)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

We are a group of 8 agencies that work together as one. To us, a group is an agency. I had set up our groups with a few sub-groups originally and some of those were a users home group. We no longer do it that way but it didn't break anything while we using sub-groups.

There are a few caveats though, none of which are due to WF funcionality. It has more to do with remembering what subs belong to which parents and will a change to the parent adversely affect the sub. Group admin functions also get a bit more confusing because of course what you do to the parent affects the child‚Ķ even if you forgot that! 😒

For us, some structural changes in the company made it more efficient for us to break out the sub-groups into regular groups. I do recollect it working exactly as expected though.

Level 5

This is very helpful, thank you for the insight!