Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Sharepoint Integration

Level 1

Hi, Can I integrate Workfront with Microsoft Sharepoint? I'd like to be able to pull in project status data from Workfront to Sharepoint. For example, if I have 5 projects in various stages, I'd like to pull that information to a Sharepoint site/page. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

WF and SP integrate in terms of linking/sending documents. 

If your org uses Sharepoint as either your DAM or a place for collaborating on docs, I highly recommend utilizing the SP integration. Essentially, it allows you to 'attach' a file in SP in WF in its respective project/task/etc. documents tab. It's simply a link to the file that is in the docs tab and on click, will take you to the file in SP in a new window. It's helpful bc it allows users to edit Word/PPT/Excel files more easily in SP but still lets you associate it with a project/task/etc. in WF. So X blog post copy doc in SP can 'live' with the respective blog post WF project. Any doc in WF linked with SP will show the SP icon next to it when you see it in WF and updates made to your doc in SP are updated in real time, so you don't have to download the doc, make changes, re-upload as new version in WF, etc.

It also allows you to send a file from WF to SP. So if you upload a doc from your desktop, for example, maybe it ends up with different versions and you want to save the final file on SP, you can send it from WF directly to where you want it saved on SP.

There are definitely some caveats with this integration to remember:
- Only those with access to the SP file will be able to access it in WF. It inherits the SP access. Someone in the WF can see a document is there, but if they don't have access to it and try to click the doc, they'll get the SP page to request access.

- There were changes to the legacy integration this past summer, but if you don't already have the integration, nothing you would likely need to worry about. More info here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/administration-and-setup/configure-integrati...

If you found this info useful, please mark this solution correct to help others : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

WF and SP integrate in terms of linking/sending documents. 

If your org uses Sharepoint as either your DAM or a place for collaborating on docs, I highly recommend utilizing the SP integration. Essentially, it allows you to 'attach' a file in SP in WF in its respective project/task/etc. documents tab. It's simply a link to the file that is in the docs tab and on click, will take you to the file in SP in a new window. It's helpful bc it allows users to edit Word/PPT/Excel files more easily in SP but still lets you associate it with a project/task/etc. in WF. So X blog post copy doc in SP can 'live' with the respective blog post WF project. Any doc in WF linked with SP will show the SP icon next to it when you see it in WF and updates made to your doc in SP are updated in real time, so you don't have to download the doc, make changes, re-upload as new version in WF, etc.

It also allows you to send a file from WF to SP. So if you upload a doc from your desktop, for example, maybe it ends up with different versions and you want to save the final file on SP, you can send it from WF directly to where you want it saved on SP.

There are definitely some caveats with this integration to remember:
- Only those with access to the SP file will be able to access it in WF. It inherits the SP access. Someone in the WF can see a document is there, but if they don't have access to it and try to click the doc, they'll get the SP page to request access.

- There were changes to the legacy integration this past summer, but if you don't already have the integration, nothing you would likely need to worry about. More info here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/administration-and-setup/configure-integrati...

If you found this info useful, please mark this solution correct to help others : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )