With our use case, Projects are reopened sometimes seasonally as more information is added to them that needs to be completed. When we reopen Projects, we adjust the Planned Completion Date to reflect the new deadline. Unfortunately, when trying to build reporting on these dates, it shows the first Actual Completion Date, not the most recent. Is there any way to have it pull the most recent? I am currently using a Task report as I have to include some specific Task dates as well.
Added info: Project Details reflects the newest Actual Completion Date. I found it was pulling the original by looking at the Updates.
Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.
there's only one project Actual Completion Date field, so I feel as though there's something else going on here, such as your pulling one of the other actual completion dates (maybe the default baseline actual completion date??), or maybe your project not being completed the second time -- in which case I can imagine it would keep the first completion date until you complete the project for the next time. Or maybe someone created a custom field and called it Actual Completion Date, who knows.
Other than these few possibilities, I can't really think of anything else. There's definitely no actual actual completion date. If you can't find anything wrong though, the help desk would be a good place to start talking to folks.
I know - it's so weird. I am using "Project: Actual Completion Date" and the project has been completed twice. Project details has the newest. The report pulls the original one. I am so confused.
And I updated the subject. The first actual is meant to be like I want the one that's actually the actual completion date, not the first completion date.
yep got it. Ugh! I really don't know what would be going on but would love it if you checked in with the helpdesk and posted any answers you found back to this post.