Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Proofing Account Settings

Level 4

Is there a way to "turn off" some settings in the Proofing tool so only Sys Admins can make changes to the workflows etc. It seems that anyone that has access to Proofing can make changes.

thanks

Jennifer

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Jennifer,

You can control what capabilities users have against proofs in the system via their proof permission profile. Take a look at this article here in Workfront one for further information. If your users are assigned a supervisor or admin profile, they will have access to view / edit proofs that do not belong to them.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 4

Thank you Richard.

For some reason we were advised to put everyone as Admin for Proofs. I will change that now.

thanks,

Jennifer

Level 10

Hi Jennifer - I will say, if you are using the integrated version of Proof and Workfront and if everyone kind of helps out on all proofs, using at least the Supervisor Role. That is what we use for our people and then give Admin to people who need to go into the back end.

The reason for that is that a supervisor can go into someone else's proof and help them out. A manager can only go into their own so can't help out someone if they need to. I'm wondering if that is why you got the advice to make everyone an Admin. But luckily, you can still get the help out functionality with just Supervisor.

Level 4

Hi Anthony,

Thank you. That makes sense to set them up as Supervisor. The Sys Admins usually help out with trouble shooting, but the Supervisor role would help for my Power Users.

thanks,

Jennifer