Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Programs within a Program

Level 2
Hi all - I had a scenario that I wanted to see how other companies were handling. Does anyone know if you are able to put a program within a program and both of those programs be under a portfolio? The way we campaign at my company is to set the portfolio level to be the yearly instance (ex. 2020 marketing campaigns) and each campaign we run goes into its own program. We would like to break down each campaign by the channel each asset types run under (aka sub-program). Right now, we have a long list of projects under the main program level but would like to be able to group each project into a sub-program by channel (in-store/POP, social, email, online, display, etc.) I would love any and all guidance on how your companies are handling this! We're a retailer so we have a lot of campaigns :) Aya Elsoukkary, Marketing Operations Floor & Decor
3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Aya, A custom form on the project with a "Channel" drop menu is how we're handling it and it's what I'd recommend for you. Just add it to your template so it's available every time you spin up a new project. Thanks, Narayan

Level 4
Hi Aya, We do similar as Narayn. We are also a retailer with multiple marketing brands.The Portfolio is the brand, and each Program is a marketing campaign. Inside the projects, we use 2 custom fields. One is called Project Type where we use a drop down to select similar to your channel list above. The other we use is Live Date (we also have a naming standard that requires the live date to be in the name). This allows all ways of reporting. The marketing teams can see their campaigns and the development teams can see their specialized projects (web site update, email, social, etc.). Hope this helps! Michelle Jackson

Level 2
Thanks @Michelle Jackson @Narayan Raum ! I'm going to give those ideas a shot. Aya Elsoukkary, Marketing Operations Floor & Decor