Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Planned Hours Lookahead

Level 10

A request from one of my users (below). She demo'd the issue for me and I don't see a way to tease this out of a a Task, Assignment, or Hours report, but was hoping the gurus here had some ideas.

"I need a report, that tells me how many planned hours the creative team has for the next 7 days. I know that we’re supposed to get that from the Workload Balancer. However, since I must toggle between filters to view different roles it doesn’t give me a holistic view into everyone’s availability. So, I’d like to create a report that tells me how many hours (planned hours) each resource is assigned to in the next 7 days."

This could be solved by a report, or if there is a way to do this with Balancer that is fine too.

4 Replies

Level 2

Have you tried using the Planner under the Resource Object?

Level 5

I'd second @ElliotLe's idea. The Planner lets you make a pretty advanced custom filter (team, job role, group, etc) and the view also lets you customize how the data is shown.

Ry_93E9BE_0-1659535482776.png

Community Advisor

In addition to planner you could create a team and put all of the users on that team and then access their work from the team tab without having to filter. 

KellieGardner_0-1659537778435.png

Community Advisor

I'm not quite clear on why she has to toggle between filters to view different roles - can she create a filter showing all the roles at once, or create a filter showing just her creative team?