Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Parsing text from rich text fields in Fusion

Level 5

I'm sure there is an easy way to do this but my brain is Kentucky Fried. (Plus I've got vacationitis.) I know I have to parse the JSON but unsure how to get all the lines from a custom field to parse. Ultimately, I'm trying to get the text from a field into an Issue's description.

Please tell me and make me snack myself in the head and then say "duh."

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

I love superstition. Because it always works. I posted a reply on this post and then I figured it out in Fusion.

JohnJOSullivan_0-1663357226071.png

I read the rich text field, entered the text in to generate a data structure. Then, I iterated each block from the JSON, using a text aggregator to fish out the text, putting a new line after each block of text. Then, pasted the text into a plain text field.

For Fusion pros, you're probably like "Oh, well no duh. That's what you do." But this feels like a significant victory. I'm going to go downstairs to tell my wife and she's going to give me the "what the hell are you talking about John?!?" look. And then I'm going to have chocolate. 

Happy Friday!

-j

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 5

Just curious...has anyone done this? I'm about to frisbee my computer out of the window. I'm hoping that someone can give an answer here so, as soon as you do, I'll figure it out. This is how everything works in my life lol. 

Correct answer by
Level 5

I love superstition. Because it always works. I posted a reply on this post and then I figured it out in Fusion.

JohnJOSullivan_0-1663357226071.png

I read the rich text field, entered the text in to generate a data structure. Then, I iterated each block from the JSON, using a text aggregator to fish out the text, putting a new line after each block of text. Then, pasted the text into a plain text field.

For Fusion pros, you're probably like "Oh, well no duh. That's what you do." But this feels like a significant victory. I'm going to go downstairs to tell my wife and she's going to give me the "what the hell are you talking about John?!?" look. And then I'm going to have chocolate. 

Happy Friday!

-j