Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there a way to disable prompt options (default it to contains) on a report?

Level 3

The report we have will always use contains as the prompt option, having all the other options is an unnecessary extra click to the user experience. Is there a way to disable the other options for a prompt?

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Surya,

You are not able to choose which conditions are available for use in the standard prompt functionality. However you could build a series of custom prompts for your users instead. Using this option you would create a set of predefined prompts for your users to select from which are already pre-configured to 'contains XYZ'. This option is great from a UX perspective, especially if your users only select from a small number of filter conditions when using a prompt.

Check out this article here for more information and instructions on how to build a custom prompt.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 4

@Richard Leek‚ I fully agree! Because of the limited user experience we have migrated all our prompts to custom ones.

The only issue with custom prompts is that you have to anticipate all possible options; i.e. a user wants to search for a keyword "strategy" you have to know that this is gonna be a request and include it into the list.

Anyway, we decided to have the more fancy custom prompts for predefined structured reporting and the overall search (upper right corner) for 'whatever else a user wants to find' and got good feedback from our users.

Level 4

@Surya Lakhani‚ This is how it looks like (front end, back end):

0694X00000AsUdOQAV.jpg0694X00000AsUdTQAV.jpg

Level 3

Thank you for your response, while we do use the custom prompts for other reports in this use case there are just way too many possibilities for them to be pre-configured. We were trying to achieve something similar to the WF search box but within a report so that users can se relevant data rather than the generic search results.

Level 10

We have a similar need: I have a financial report where there is a need for "between" but not the other dozen or more types. But to go through all the possible iterations of "between" the user might need and pre-define them is really not viable.

Level 4

Perhaps we should suggest an improvement to Workfront, seems there are some more with a need for such a feature.