Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Is there a way to delete project views that have been shared with others and that others have shared with you system wide. I know I can delete them from my view but I would like to delete views we no longer use as an organization

Level 1

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

If you have admin rights, you can go to Setup > Interface > Filters and delete them there (or at the least, bulk update the sharing rights so they aren't visible system wide anymore).

Depending on how many filters are in your system, you may need to build and apply filters to your filter list (very meta) to make it easier to find the ones you need to remove.

0694X00000FThNFQA1.png0694X00000FThPBQA1.png0694X00000FThOSQA1.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

If you have admin rights, you can go to Setup > Interface > Filters and delete them there (or at the least, bulk update the sharing rights so they aren't visible system wide anymore).

Depending on how many filters are in your system, you may need to build and apply filters to your filter list (very meta) to make it easier to find the ones you need to remove.

0694X00000FThNFQA1.png0694X00000FThPBQA1.png0694X00000FThOSQA1.png

Community Advisor

Do you know if there there is a way to see when a filter was last used by someone? In the setup tab when creating a custom view of filters I'm not able to add a column that shows last used date - only last updated date.

I'd like to clean up our filters, views, etc but would need to know how often they're being accessed by users.

Level 8

You can also edit the filters, views, and groupings per layout template if you don't want to delete things (we almost never delete anything...) and just hide them from your system. Only our system admins see all the filters, views, and groupings in the system because our layout templates are so strict.

Level 1

Yes I am an admin so this is all very helpful thank you !