Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to view items in an annual snapshot?

Community Advisor

I'm desperate to find a way to visualize the PPT screenshot I've attached in WF instead. You can't view a calendar on an annual basis, can only see a month or so at a time. A matrix view doesn't let me click into any item to view a detailed view of it, and only lets # formats be within the table (so I can't plot the item name within the table like it is in the screenshot instead of a date). If I do a column/bar chart I can have them grouped by quarter or month, but on it just shows record count, not the various items together (I know I can click into each column, but want to see at a glance). I'm at a loss, does anyone have any recommendations? This is for leadership and the fact that we're continuing to have to make these in PPT is not helping my case for WF adoption.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Madalyn,

I invite you to consider our UberGantt solution, which can do that (and more).

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

Hi Doug, thanks for the info. A Gantt chart unfortunately isn't what I'm looking for, I'm aware of that already as a native option in WF when viewing reports, and I need the name of the items IN the table under the timeframes, not to the left like UberGantt or regular Gantt shows. I essentially need a zoomed out calendar showing a year or even just a quarter at a time, or need something like a Matrix report that allows text (name of the entries) IN the table (a matrix report only allows numbers). Do you have something like this?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 10

Hi Madalyn,

We do (several options, in fact), but sticking with UberGantt for the moment...

The left columns are optional, so we could remove them, recouping the space for the chart, and moving the text you require (e.g. driving off a custom calculated parameter you can control and adjust yourself) into the bars, and (if you wish) auto-size the bars to round to the logical timeframe (e.g. nearest month, nearest quarter, nearest year) to "land" correctly but also maximize the space available for the text...which could either auto scale vertically to make room, or (I'd suggest) remain of fixed height and either truncate or auto-scale the text to fix. As for the swim lanes, if you've already aligned them with a Workfront object (e.g. Program, Portfolio, etc.), it would group accordingly, and the colors of the swim lanes (and/or the bars) could be driven from custom data (e.g. Hex codes) you'd enter once.

Lots more angles possible, but hopefully that's enough to spark some ideas. Happy chat further if you like, and invite you to ping me via doug.denhoed@atappstore.com.

Regards,

Doug