Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to enable non-workfront users to be able to submit requests?

Level 4

I have a team that want to use the Requests section to manage their incoming requests, however, they want anyone in the company to be able to submit requests into their queues because anyone in the company can submit a request for printed materials. The issue is that we don't have the entire company using Workfront, nor is there a process in place for me (the systems admin) to get information on all new hires to add them into workfront as requesters. Is there a way to enable the request queue to be submittable by non-workfront users if they're given a link to the Request?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

11 Replies

Employee

Hi Naushin,

Someone must have at least Requestor access in order to submit requests in Workfront. External users can only see reports and documents that have been shared with them.

This article should provide you with more information on this topic: https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=workfront-classic&topicId=Content%2FAdministratio...

Best,

Hannah

Level 5

What is possible to be done if you have SSO in place: autoprovisioning access granting requestor access by default.

Level 9

Yup, exactly my thought. My company uses SSO and we auto-provision to grant Reviewer access. We used Fusion to create a request queue for PTO.

Community Advisor

Same here, auto-provision from SSO solved this for us - before we had that set up it was a huge hassle, but now anyone with a SSO ID can sign in and as submit a request with basic Workfront settings.

Level 3

Can someone send a link or information about auto-provisioning and how to set it up? We have SSO and I have not heard of this. It sounds like a great solution.

Level 3

Thank you, Imre. I had found this but missed the section on auto-provisioning. I will work on that setup. I had misread the question. I thought it was about auto-provisioning external users, but I see it is users within our AD who are not set up as Workfront users, which is also useful. Thanks again.

Level 4

Unfortunately we don't have SSO enabled. so I guess I'll have to think through a process where I get new hire information and add them as requesters in Workfront

Level 9

Perhaps a New User request queue may be helpful. Your HR department could send requests to you, complete with a form for them to fill in any necessary info.

Level 5

There is one more thing you can consider:

Fusion triggered by a request or an HR tool that is supported by Fusion.

We don't have it, but I guess you can automate this process using either type of the trigger (either directly integrating with the HR system or setting up an autoprovisioning based on a set of rules).

Level 7

I'm interested in this as well. We have a new group we've onboarded into Workfront and they're going to require Workfront for work requests--but the people who make the requests will only need Workfront for that and that alone. I just want to be sure that I don't screw everything up with our existing users. (They're still angry about the New Workfront Experience. 😅)