Expand my Community achievements bar.

Has anyone built any flows with Power Automate for Workfront?

Level 2

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

16 Replies

Level 4

Someone in the Power Automate Community has requested a connector, but obviously hasn't received support yet.

Please keep us posted on a potential solution - I'd love to see your idea realized!

Level 7

We use Power Automate with workflows within Workfront. I wasn't involved in the setup, but it works pretty nicely. What information are you looking for?

Level 2

If you could share some details, that would be perfect.

Level 4

@Sarah Nau‚: wow, nice!

Is Power Automate directly connected to your Workfront's API or did you involve any 3rd party app in between?

Level 6

Power Automate does not have any pre-built connectors for Workfront. We use the Workfront API in a custom connector. Our custom connector was built by a developer at a third party consultant - PowerApps911.

Level 4

Are you overall satisfied with the solution?

Level 6

Yes. It's been 100% reliable (as long as there aren't any incidents or maintenance with the Workfront event subscription) and worked well for what we needed. We looked in to Fusion but didn't want to make the commitment to Workfront for an iPaaS tool.

Level 7

I believe that it is directly through the API - @Amanda Cramer‚ - is that right?

Level 4

Would be great if you could share some information about how to get started and perhaps some "dos and don't" from your experience

Level 2

Yes, this would be perfect if you could share some information.

Level 10

Hi - I'm no means a developer so the custom connector was a ton of trial and error and even then, I could only get an action created (Still haven't gotten Triggers to works).

However, Power Automate also does HTTP calls. So I've been playing around with that a little, but you can use only really use that for more static calls.

Like I have one where I wanted to get items updated after Sept 30th on a certain project

https://fcb.my.workfront.com/attask/api/v9.0/optask/search?apiKey=Insert API Key&projectID=Insert Project ID&lastUpdateDate=2020-09-03T15:45:00:000&lastUpdateDate_Mod=gt&fields=description,status

Then I use the parse tool and the other Power Automate tools to do the other stuff I wanted.

Hope that helps

Level 4

@Anthony Imgrund‚ : cool stuff! I'm exited to give it a try!

Have you found a tutorial/reference on what is possible with HTTP calls or do I need to go purely trial-and-error?

Level 10

I didn't see anything on PA about the restrictions of HTTP. I think as long as it works in a browser, it works in the tool. I mostly used Workfront's API documentation (and some help from my Assigned Support Engineer) to get things setup. Like the fact I needed to add the apiKey to the URL to authenticate correctly. The best part is that you can test out your URL right in the browser itself to make sure it works before you put in PA.

Level 4

Thank you! Looks like painful trail-and-error but very nice approach!