Expand my Community achievements bar.

Good user experience questions for a survey?

Level 10
My manager wants us to put together a short survey to get a feel for how our users feel now (compared with how they felt before Workfront). Does anyone have a survey that they used on their team that they'd be willing to share, or, favorite question to ask? Otherwise we're going with some very basic stuff: how has this changed your life, what was the biggest surprise, top 3 things you like about Workfront, most improved feature... that sort of thing.
7 Replies

Level 5
One thing to consider is tying the survey to the goals you set out to acheive. This should help you evaluate your success toward user engagement. Beyond that, from a UX standpoint, some standard questions that get decent responses include: Would you recommend workfront to a friend / another employer? Why or Why Not. What features do you find really helpful? What features get in the way of doing your best work (or, What frustrates you about Workfront?) If you could change ONE thing about Workfront, what would it be? Compared to using the tools we had in place before workfront, my job is Much Easier, Easier, More Difficult, Much More Difficult. These are some decent starters at least.

Level 4
We did a survey and asked if anyone would be interested in becoming a champion to promote the tool

Level 10
great suggestions Marty and Maria, thanks!

Level 4
In Reply to Skye Boardman:
great suggestions Marty and Maria, thanks!
I'd love to see what you come up with - especially the results! Cool idea, Skye!

Level 10
hi Sherry, We just launched our survey! Thanks to everyone for coming up with suggestions on questions to ask. We're offering a drawing for entries submitted before mid July -- I'm giving up my LEAP backpack as the prize. I was a little tentative about it, but we ended up offering the survey in our requests area. My manager and I talked about our options for providing anonymity through a google survey vs no-anonymity through Workfront, but ultimately decided that our users are able to be fairly honest even though their names will be attached to their opinions. And, it's important to us (as sysadmins) to be able to direct back clarifying questions on survey answers. We wanted to keep it short, and will offer it on a yearly basis, so we'll be tweaking the survey as we go, but we have settled on 8 initial questions: - How long have you been using Workfront - How often are you in WF - Compared to tools before WF, do you find your job easier or more difficult - How has WF changed your work life - What was the biggest surprise in using WF? - What are the top 3 things you love about WF and how do they help you? - What do you hate about WF and how does it get in the way of your doing work? - If you could change one thing about WF what would it be? I'll anonymize the survey answers and share pertinent details (e.g. job function or license type) with our WF rep

Level 4
That's terrific, Skye! I can't wait to see your results! I was just talking to Carina and Nate today about doing a blog post on helping customers quantify/articulate the value they are achieving with Workfront. I may have to include something about this! :) Looking forward to an update! Have a great weekend!

Level 4

We are about to run a user survey and I consulted this post for inspiration. Since the formatting is all messed up I figured I'd post all the questions from this thread in a bulleted list for easy reference for anyone else who needs it:

• What is the most improved feature?
  • Would you recommend Workfront to a friend / another employer? Why or Why Not.
  • What features do you find really helpful?
  • What features get in the way of doing your best work (or, What frustrates you about Workfront?)
  • Compared to using the tools we had in place before workfront, my job is:
    • Much Easier, Easier, More Difficult, Much More Difficult. 
  • How long have you been using Workfront?
  • How often are you in WF?
  • How has WF changed your work life?
  • What was the biggest surprise in using WF?
  • What are the top 3 things you love about WF and how do they help you?
  • What do you hate about WF and how does it get in the way of your doing work?
  • If you could change ONE thing about WF what would it be?
  • Are you be interested in becoming a champion to promote the tool?