Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Does anyone know if it is possible to limit the amount of characters in a free text field?

Level 8

We are looking to set a number of characters allowed in a free text field to limit the amount of data provided by a user.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Kiersten,

Right now it's not possible to limit the amount of characters in a free text field.

I did take a look and there are a few ideas in the Innovation Lab about this, so depending on where you want to use it, etc, maybe check out some of these to consider adding a vote or two?

Definable character limits for custom fields (this one is getting close to the threshold too.)

Limiting the amount of characters in custom fields

Kyna

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Kiersten,

Right now it's not possible to limit the amount of characters in a free text field.

I did take a look and there are a few ideas in the Innovation Lab about this, so depending on where you want to use it, etc, maybe check out some of these to consider adding a vote or two?

Definable character limits for custom fields (this one is getting close to the threshold too.)

Limiting the amount of characters in custom fields

Kyna