Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Counting # of projects someone worked on, not tasks in those projects

Level 3

I feel like I'm missing something here, but the ask:

We have a design team that wants to know how many individual projects they've had tasks on. I can use a Task report and group by project, but it does seem to require additional export/filtering to get what I am after. These teams could have 1-4 tasks per project.

The ultimate result would be something like this:

Total Projects Worked on in 4Q22

John Doe 25

Jane Doe 45

Jamie Doe 65

etc

thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Could you do a project report and filter by project users?

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 10.04.35 am.jpg

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Could you do a project report and filter by project users?

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 10.04.35 am.jpg

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.

Hi @RyanMcGee,

In addition to the tip from @RandyRoberts, I invite you to consider deploying this User Project Count solution (as below) which shows the number of Projects per User in grid mode, and the number of Assignments per User in Chart mode.

Regards,

Doug

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1686756485766.png

Community Advisor

Doug, you also came up with a solution that was an assignment report as a matrix report. Unfortunately all the links are dead and info is dated... if you'd care to reproduce the contents of this post again, I'm sure it would be appreciated by the community.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/project-report-by-assignments/m...

(hint, it involved a DCNT on one of the columns, and then a matrix grouping by project name and assigned to name)

Yep: thanks @skyehansen; that very report is the one in the Package above that I mentioned.

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

Agree with Randy. You can filter a project report by "project users". The tricky part is the grouping to get it to count the number of unique projects to display the way you want.

KellieGardner_0-1686853045315.png

Community Advisor

You'd think this would be simple, but it's not! Doug's solution was the best I found and it worked for us.