Expand my Community achievements bar.

Blueprints forcibly appearing in 22.2 is against our policies.

Level 10

Does anyone else think Blueprints does NOT reflect their working style? We will NEVER use blueprints because it doesn't reflect our business at all, nada, nil, null, etc.

Our official policy is to use an admin created, vetted, official template, no ecxeptions.

Why is Workfront taking away our ability to govern what users see? With all the talk of governance, Workfront is eroding our ability to govern.

We chose Workfront for our ability to customize what users see based on OUR policies and SOP, not Workfront's uneducated recommendations. Forcing an unusable feature on us seems like a pretty arrogant blunder.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

19 Replies

Employee

Randy, I am the Product Manager organizing the work for the Blueprints capabilities. Thank you for your input on this part of the product.

I understand your point of view, and would like the opportunity to discuss 1) some of the enhancements we are considering to isolate visibility of the Blueprints area, and 2) how we can make the content and functionality more relevant for your organization.

I will send you a direct message to schedule that conversation.

If others have a similar concern as Randy, or that would like to talk about some other aspect about the future of Blueprints, I'm open to holding those conversations as well.

Level 10

Thank you Matt, I appreciate the reply and look forward to speaking with you.

Level 10

@Randy Roberts‚ , thanks for bringing that up. I hadn't been payng attention to Blueprints since we don't have a need for them.

WTH Adobe/Workfront? I can't turn off that menu selection?

@Matt Mitchell‚ , let me just confirm: individual users cannot install these Blueprints, correct? Worst they can do is browse them and pester me about it?

Employee

That is correct. With this release we did not change who can install blueprints. It is still limited to just system admins.

Level 10

Cool; now please let us disable the button via Layout Templates like everything else… :-)

Level 4

Yes - I agree - we do not want options visible to users that are just clutter - we also do not use blueprints or anticipate that we ever will due to our business processes. Please allow us to hide them in layout templates.

Thanks.

Level 2

@Matt Mitchell‚ - I would be interested in providing some insight/opinion on having this menu item available and the inability to manage the menu items for our business. Since this was release, I am getting daily questions from end users being curious in the system and wondering why something doesn't work. Since we are a new user implementation reducing the "growing" pains and ensuring the team members have an optimal guided experience in the system is an upmost importance. Having to tell users to just "ignore it" for ten's of thousands of potential team members is a distraction for admin. Would encourage the Workfront team to consider and allow the flexibility for Business Admins to manage the content shown on the main menu.

Level 3

I agree Lisa. @Matt Mitchell‚ not sure that a call is needed. We have the same simple issue --- new users see this option and are generally confused by what it is because it is in the default layout for new users/requesters. This is not good experience for them or the admin.

Community Advisor

@Matt Mitchell‚ I'm unable to select any request queues to send blueprint requests to. Any request queue name I start typing in that box serves up nothing in the search.

Employee

The selection box only allows you to connect the blueprints catalog to a Public queue. This was intentional so that non-admin users browsing the catalog would always have access to the queue they were submitting the request to.

I'm guessing that you have configured the queues in your environment to all be a version of a private queue (e.g., company, group, or to only people on the project).

Community Advisor

@Matt Mitchell‚ Can we get that tidbit added to the documentation?

Level 10

@Kevin Quosig‚ , yes I believe they cannot install them.

This does display a choice that to a users perspective "doesn't work". That doesn't make Workfront look good at all. Why force it to be displayed if access is turned off? We can remove "almost" everything else from the menu, why not that? Why clog up our menus with useless junk?

IMO, Blueprints is a waste of time on Workfront's part as they cannot guess what each company's workflow is. We turned off all built-in reports for the same reason as they are useless to us.

The gist is "Workfront does NOT know what is best for MY business and it would be arrogant for them to think they do".

Level 10

Well, at least there is that, so I can turn down the panic-meter.

But yeah, we should be able to turn off the selection. It's gets old explaining to users "yeah, they have this new feature/tool/whatsit but we turned it off/don't use it because of time/policy/etc."

Level 1

Yikes! I was thinking only sys admins saw this. To find out my end users not only see it, but CAN'T use it.... Please allow us to hide this.

Level 6

Yeah, making this available to everyone just didn't make sense. I submitted a case and got the old "please submit this as an idea" reply. It just doesn't seem like it was thought out fully especially since the new experience was supposed to introduce more customization options.

We have no use for blueprints at this time, we simply use our own templates

Level 10

Submitting to the idea lab or innovation lab or whatever they're calling it these days isn't worth it for me. I see things with a lot of votes that don't get done and things with very few votes that do get done.

Level 10

Yeah really not sure why this requires the Idea Lab, this is a QoL item and should just get done and not involve the entire Community to rise up about it. Just let us configure it. You know, like everything else on the Main Menu. 😤

Level 9

@Kevin Agastra‚ @Randy Roberts‚ @Justin Renteria‚ has anyone figured out how to disable this from being seen by non-admins?

Onboarding an external agency and it's causing massive confusion why they are seeing this.

Level 10

There is no way to hide it. I had a video conversation with @Matt Mitchell‚, the product manager along with 2 admins from other organisations and we all expressed our displeasure along with all the folks who have replied in this thread. I believe the displeasure is unanimous but still they have done nothing, even after a quarterly update.

Maybe they're just digging their heels in? Maybe they just don't care? I don't know. I can't think of any reason to keep it the way it is.

It says Matt Mitchell has no access to this thread, I don't know what that means. Maybe he just doesn't want to deal with unhappy customers anymore?

0694X00000Ju1ynQAB.png