Expand my Community achievements bar.

automatically assign the project owner and/or sponsor when an issue is automatically converted to a project

Level 3

Checking with the community to find out if anyone is able to automatically assign the project owner and/or sponsor of a project during project conversion from an issue to a project? As a workaround, I was hoping to set the project owner as a team, and then put a stop-gate as a first task in the project to have someone from the team change the owner to an individual; however, it appears that Workfront does not allow the project owner to be a team (can only select an individual).

If anyone has been able to automatically assign a project owner at project creation, I'd love to hear how it's done.

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

We route all Issues (Requests) from our request queue (stand along project containing just the queue) to Teams. Then the teams are responsible for deciding who works on it and becomes the owner, converting the Issue to a Project (or a Task on an existing Project).