Expand my Community achievements bar.

Anyone using Workfront to build/manage Editorial Calendars?

Level 4
Anyone using Workfront to build/manage Editorial Calendars?
58 Replies

Level 8
Yes! In fact, I even presented about it at the Leap conference this year. Let me know if you have any specific questions, or if you're interested, I can set up a 1/2 hour meeting and give you a demo.

Level 1

I'm also interested in how you're using WF as an editorial calendar. I realize this post is from years ago.

Hi @TamikaRi,

Since the time this thread was created, we did indeed create and release our Editorial Calendar solution, which I invite you to consider and if you're interested in more details contact me at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com

Regards,

Doug

Level 4
Yay! I was at Leap, but didn't attend that session. We have a new hire that is demoing a software called Percolate. She says Percolate is a software for social and content marketing. She is looking at that tool as she is creatiing an editorial calendar for a new blog and would like the editorial calendar to be accessible to all who need it, rather than owned by one person via an excel spreadsheet. She says this would also be a great tool to integrate social content. Although I've created many calendars for multiple uses from within Workfront, I haven't specifically created an editorial calendar. And I'm not sure if the calendars I have created are done so in a way that is the most effective/efficient. I'm in hopes of not bringing in another software solution and would like to have her see your Workfront demo.

Level 3
Any chance your presentation is available on-line?

Level 9
Adina, If you'd like, I think we can arrange to do a blog post or something of that nature highlighting your talk. Just let me know if you're interested! -Nate In Reply to Connie Sutherland:
Any chance your presentation is available on-line?
-Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 8
Hi Nate, I'm interested in that idea. Do you have a template or any examples I can refer to? I have a copy of my Leap presentation, but I'm not sure how useful it is without a step by step demo (I'm one of the few presenters that did a live demo on our production system as opposed to just using screenshots)

Level 9
Would it make more sense to do a live go-to-meeting or Google Hangout where you could share your ideas live for 30-45 minutes and then take some questions? We could then arcguve it here in the Community for safe keeping... -Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 1
I am interested in this as well.

Level 3
I would be interested in a demo as well. I will say, Percolate was amazing for the calendar, but not work management. I would like to see Workfront move towards this type of model, especially for the Marketing customers.

Level 2
I am also interested, I've been struggling with adding this to our marketing calendar.

Level 10
Hi Shelly. I am a calendar enthusiast, and have been doing some experimenting in this area recently. May I ask what it was about Percolate that you wish you could emulate within Workfront? Regards, Doug

Level 3
I liked the way they organize all assets for an event. So there is a 3 day sale on the calendar and you click that event. That links you to all of the different assets that support the event and the projects for each asset. Again, that was really the only thing I liked because the actual project management was very weak.

Level 1
Did this presentation happen already? Can I view it somehow? Thanks!

Level 10
Thanks Shelly. I'll give some thought to how a link to related documents from within the calendar might work. Regards, Doug

Level 10
What Shelly indicated about an event in the calendar linking to multiple projects is key for my company's PMs and a place where they feel Workfront is lacking---our programs are all finite (have an end date) and we would love a way to indicate programs on a calendar, and click on a program to expose multiple projects and their assets. It's really too bad that the charts area in a report doesn't have a calendar option (like a bar chart or pie chart option) where it can select any set of date fields and create a calendar out of those.

Level 8
Nate - let me know how I go about scheduling a demo.

Level 1
Doug- I'm also interested in seeing how this can be done. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

Level 10
Hi - please count me in too. It may be in the middle of the night, but I'll get up for it. :)

Level 9
I'll shoot you an email today to work out details. Everyone else, stay tuned for a demo! In Reply to Adina Pierce:
Nate - let me know how I go about scheduling a demo.
-Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at: