Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Any way for Resource Managers/Planners able to change Planned Completion Date on Requests?

Level 2

I know you can set a default planned completion date for x days after the request is submitted but a lot of our requests can vary in size and scope - and many times the person making the request doesn't have a clear enough idea of what they want or the impact of it, so wouldn't really know which option to choose if we went with an option to break them out into different Queue Topics. A specific example is: when someone is asking for a photoshoot, the timing on this can vary vastly depending on how loaded up the studio is at any given time.

Does anyone know if there is any way to give a resource manager or planner the ability to modify the Planned Completion date on a request? They would have a much better idea of when something actually can be expected to complete and, that way, the requests won't get stuck up in the sea of red overdue requests - as is what is happening with us now.

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

They just need Manage rights on the Issue (or the project level for that request queue if that is easier) and then there should be no problem.

Are you converting issues to projects? If so, there is a little trick I use.... instead of showing the Planned Completion Date on requests, I use the Resolve Project Planned Completion Date. That looks at the project schedule instead and so when tasks get pushed or shorted, that date reflects what is really happening. It is nice. :)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

They just need Manage rights on the Issue (or the project level for that request queue if that is easier) and then there should be no problem.

Are you converting issues to projects? If so, there is a little trick I use.... instead of showing the Planned Completion Date on requests, I use the Resolve Project Planned Completion Date. That looks at the project schedule instead and so when tasks get pushed or shorted, that date reflects what is really happening. It is nice. :)

Level 2

Oh man so simple - that works perfectly. Thank you!