Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Unable to access contextual event information for personalization

Community Advisor

Hi,

I am trying to follow the following Adobe documentation for sharing event information in an offer. However i don't see the "Messages" option under actions as this document is talking about

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer-learn/tutorials/personalize-content/use-co...

Can you please let me know how can i get this enabled?

Also i am not sure how can i add this messages as a new option because while configuring actions i don't see this.

Thanks,

Arpan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@arpan-garg,

To address your concern, please ensure you are using the correct version of Adobe Experience Cloud and have the necessary permissions and user roles. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@arpan-garg 

AJO is an evolving product so the UI would go though the changes, it could be the reason “messages” option under actions not visible. Select email under actions to proceed further to utilize context level data.

Level 2

You might have to configure the data that will be available for personalization within a Journey.

Try looking into Configurations > Data Sources.

You might specify an Event Dataset and Fields that should be available to use contextually.

I haven't played with it yet, but also contextual event information might only be available if the journey triggers on a Custom Event (hence those Event parameters might be available), instead of a Read Audience or Qualifying Audience.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@arpan-garg,

To address your concern, please ensure you are using the correct version of Adobe Experience Cloud and have the necessary permissions and user roles.