Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 7th edition is out.

Triggering an Event from a custom data set in a CSV to AJO

Level 3

I am curious if anyone has found a simple lightweight software to trigger an event to 5-10K customers with a custom data set.   I have a file provided by a business team with 30-40 data points that I need to include in the email that customer receives.  I need to do this infrequently and the data may change in the future.

I know that we can import ad hoc batch events to us for segmentation, however in this instance, in AJO the only way for this data to appear in the body of the email is to send it over as an event.

I need a simple option to import the CSV into a data base solution, review data in solution, then trigger the event when I need to.  I would set up my AJO schema' to match the structure of the data of the CSV uploaded. 

Have you solved this issue? What did you use?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@Caveman77 

I understand the question as a way to send personalized email communication to an audience, initiated by an external event as needed. Please correct me if this is different from what you intended.

If my understanding is correct, you can use a business event to send email communications by reading an audience. The business event can be configured to trigger as per your specific requirements

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/journey-optimizer/using/configuration/configure-journeys/... 

Level 3

Thank you for responding.  Creating the Event Trigger in AJO make sense and is what we have done using similar documentation.    It's the actual sending of the event has to be from a source outside AJO to the Event Trigger that is set up in the documentation you referenced.   That part we have covered.

I am looking to upload a CSV to a Software solution, have it convert the CSV rows into a JSON payload to send the the AJO endpoint, which will then use the Event set up based on the documentation.    Wondering if anyone has experience with said software.  

Community Advisor

@Caveman77 It will be a small program using Python that can convert your csv to JSON and use the HTTP API endpoint to post the data into AEP RT-CDP via Postman to trigger the event. 

Thanks, Sathees