Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Segment deletion - basic house keeping need

Level 2

Hi,

How can I delete a segment definition in AJO?

I can't find any delete option in the UI.

As a basic house keeping activity we want to delete segments that should no longer be used.

Also is there anyway of copying a segment to make it easier to create new variants.

Regards,

Richard.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @Richard_at_Qantas ,

How to delete segment in AJO ? 
at home screen of segment under browse section just click/select any segment that you wish to delete [Dont click on segment name which would open its definition] and you get delete option on right pane. Please refer screenshot.

AtulChavan_2-1660888670662.png

Still don't seen delete option ? 
here is permission levels defined and get yourself 'Manage Journeys' i.e. high level permission to enable yourself doing some hygiene activities.
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/access-control/high-low-permissions....

How to copy segment ?
On same right pane post selection of segment you get copy option too [refer snapshot yellow highlighted rectangle]. Just click and it will take a moment to copy your existing segment and would create new segment having same definition with name as  "Existing name XXXX + 'copy' + timestamp". 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

Don't klick on the segment name but instead somewhere nearby the name in the "cell". (Yeah UX rules!)

Then some "context menu" will show up.

segdel.jpg

Level 2

Thank you.

I was looking for the ... like we have on the journey and landing page lists.

I'll have to remember to wait longer for the screen to update when clinking on a row to allow time for the context window to update.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @Richard_at_Qantas ,

How to delete segment in AJO ? 
at home screen of segment under browse section just click/select any segment that you wish to delete [Dont click on segment name which would open its definition] and you get delete option on right pane. Please refer screenshot.

AtulChavan_2-1660888670662.png

Still don't seen delete option ? 
here is permission levels defined and get yourself 'Manage Journeys' i.e. high level permission to enable yourself doing some hygiene activities.
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/access-control/high-low-permissions....

How to copy segment ?
On same right pane post selection of segment you get copy option too [refer snapshot yellow highlighted rectangle]. Just click and it will take a moment to copy your existing segment and would create new segment having same definition with name as  "Existing name XXXX + 'copy' + timestamp". 

Hope this helps.

Level 2

Thank you.

I was looking for the ... like we have on the journey and landing page lists.

I'll have to remember to wait longer the the screen to update when clinking on a row to allow time for the context window to update.