Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.

Offer Eligibility vs Decision Eligibility

Level 1

I see two places where we can define qualified audience either rule based or segment based while creating and serving offers in AJO.

1. Offer eligibility while creating offer.
  2. In decision eligibility while creating Decisions.

why do we need at offer level when offer can't be delivered independently with out having decisions created.

what use cases we have to use offers and decision rules.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@srpuli 

For example, a brand is planning to offer promotions to all women. Women below the age of 35 will receive one offer (Offer 1), and women above the age of 40 will receive a different offer (Offer 2). The decision eligibility criteria include all women, while the offer eligibility criteria are more specific.

Consider offer eligibility as a granular level, whereas decision eligibility is at a generic level

Level 1

Hey Anuhya,
Thank you for the prompt reply.

I am looking for a business usecase where both are being used in a perfect sense.

In any given usecase we are ending up leaving the one eligibility  criteria to all visitors as we are defining the specific criteria at offer level.

Thanks

Srinivas

Community Advisor

@srpuli 

Eligibility criteria define the broad audience who are eligible to receive offers, but that doesn’t mean eligibility criteria cover all visitors/profiles. In the above example, the eligibility criteria could be women who have interacted with the website or app in the last three months.

In this scenario, if a woman is below 35 but has not interacted with the website or app in the last three months, she is not eligible to receive an offer.