Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

Custom Action in SMS targeting

Level 2

Hi, 

I had set up custom action for sending SMS to External service provider.  I'm trying to test the SMS. In Journey, to add the text message I have used SMS action before the custom action. SMS surface is mandatory for SMS action. To set up SMS surface, API credential is required. In API credential, can only setup for default service providers( Sinch, Twilio, Infobip). Not sure how to setup here. Please help.

Thanks,

Ram.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

SMS
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Ramki, You shouldn't be using OOTB SMS action if you're sending SMS through an external service provider. Instead, add the custom action that you have setup to send the SMS. The screenshot below shows I have read segment activity followed by custom action (external SMS provider) to send the SMS messages. When the journey starts profiles part of the segment will be invoking an external SMS provider API endpoint with the payload configured on the custom action to send the SMS.

SatheeskannaK_0-1694631112475.png

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Ramki, You shouldn't be using OOTB SMS action if you're sending SMS through an external service provider. Instead, add the custom action that you have setup to send the SMS. The screenshot below shows I have read segment activity followed by custom action (external SMS provider) to send the SMS messages. When the journey starts profiles part of the segment will be invoking an external SMS provider API endpoint with the payload configured on the custom action to send the SMS.

SatheeskannaK_0-1694631112475.png

Thanks, Sathees

Level 1

Hi Sathees, 

Any idea on how to handle opt out in AJO when we are sending sms to external service provider using custom action? 

Community Advisor

@anujabhatt, You can use custom action to capture the response (recent capability added) that will check the Opt Out status and use that to update the profile.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/configuration/configure-journeys/act...

Thanks, Sathees