Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.

Creating a Stock Replenishment journey in AJO

Level 2

Current situation:
We are implementing a stock replenishment journey for a local cosmetic company through AJO. Let's take:
---- Peter as Customer

---- ABA as the Cosmetic Company Name

as an example for the end to end flow of the journey.

Peter visits the ABA's eshop website, he is interested in a particular lipstick product, however it is out of stock currently. Peter clicks on the "Remind Me" icon, such that when this particular lipstick is back in stock, Peter would receive a real-time triggered email to invite him to make a purchase.

Current painpoint:

We understand that we need to capture both MemberID and the SKUID in order to fulfill the journey. We also understands that the status of "Stock replenished" is a business event which does not involve member information. We would like to have your advice on how to combine "the event of lipstick stock replenishment" and also "member who clicked on that lipstick's reminder

me icon", in order to successfully create this journey.

We would appreciate if you could provide assistance on how to make it happen, thank you.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @dwade4ever, You need to have an audience setup to identify the profiles clicked on the "Remind Me" icon for that product and that would be used on the read segment activity after a business event within the journey.

Take a look at this tutorial for the same use case.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3

Hi @SatheeskannaK ,

I'm also interested in creating marketing journeys for product replenishment. However, after watching the tutorial, it seems the can only set up journeys for one product at a time.

For example, we must create a separate event and audience for each product. This could be challenging for an e-commerce shop with thousands of items.

Is there any way to build journeys that dynamically adapt based on the product? Rather than creating individual journeys for every item, can we have one journey that personalizes based on which product the user views?

Thanks,

Allen

Community Advisor

@yesraptors12, I was thinking about this. Again this requires additional solutioning. Here is my two cents on this. Setup a custom event that will capture someone clicks on the "Remind me" icon on the webpage. When someone qualifies for this event capture the product id and relevant non-profile identifier from the web page. Use that event to kick-start the journey and check for product availability to send the message. You may have to setup a separate process to ingest the product replenishment data. Also, it's essential to have a process to handle, if the customer has opted to get notifications on different products that were out of stock.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3

Hi @SatheeskannaK,

Thanks for sharing!

I am currently in the process of setting up a dynamic replenishment journey in Adobe Journey Optimizer and I'm encountering some difficulties.

I understand that I can create a Custom "Business" Event, such as "Product Restock", which can be triggered by integrating with a client's stock management system whenever a product is restocked. For this "Product Restock" event, I've selected the following fields:

• event
  • sku_id

I've also set the event ID condition to:

• Event = "Product Restock"

Since the sku_id doesn't need to be fixed and need to be dynamic.

So far so good. However, I'm unsure about how to proceed after the initial "Product Restock" business event, which the business event must be placed as the first step of the journey

My main question is: What should the subsequent steps in the journey be?

I am considering creating a unitary event that is triggered every time a user clicks the "Remind me" button on the website (with out of stock sku_id). But, I'm unsure how this unitary event could retrieve the dynamically updated sku_id from the "Product Restock" business event within the journey.

Can you offer any guidance on how to link these events and structure the journey following the "Product Restock" event? Specifically, I would like to know how to pass the dynamic sku_id from the business event to the unitary event.

I understand that stock replenishment should be a fundamental journey, but I seem to be missing some steps or misconceptions about the "dynamic" aspects. I would greatly appreciate your assistance once again.

Thanks,

Allen