Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Controlling the AJO Journeys and campaigns through a common variable or by some centralized mechanism

Level 4

In AJO do we have mechanism, similar to Adobe campaign, where we can stop all the campaigns via setting a common variable ? The way we do in our ACM ATM is to mark a common variable as false prior to data ingestion and analyze data quality through certain technical workflows. Once the data is verified and everything appears to be fine, we activate the common variable that allows workflows to run normally.

Primarily we are looking for some kind of automated (centralized way rather then modifying each journey/ campaign one by one) way to ensure the communications are not being send out of the AJO system until the data is being verified after ingestion. 

With Regards,

Amit

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@AmitRaghuwanshi 

Custom variables/options are not available in AJO at this point of time. I could think of below approach for the given scenario.

In journey, all the filed are related to individual profile except data coming from data source. So, set up a datasource (webhook) which should give a response with flag value true/false.

Set up condition activity with Data source before email delivery in journey, pass flag value according to the need.

Capture.PNG

I haven’t tried above approach, please let me know your findings if suggested approach is implemented

Check out link https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/configuration/configure-journeys/dat...

Data source condition activity https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/orchestrate-journeys/about-journey-b...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@AmitRaghuwanshi  In AJO, once the data is available at profile level, it is not as easy as in adobe campaign deleting /correcting data of profile/recipient.

So, data in dataset should be verified before dataset is profile enabled. Try to relate common variable activation in Adobe campaign as enabling data to profile in AJO.

Level 4

@Anuhya-Y - to modify the data in the profile store, we can always replace the correct data by re-ingesting them in the platform. It will appear in profile store in some time and will overwrite the wrong data that can be used for marketing purposes.

As we are creating a automated pipeline via AEP API to ingest the offline data into platform, we just want to ensure that the engineering processes are being applied to avoid any risks and avoid any wrong communication to our end customers.

Please let me know if you know any solution to control the communication out of AJO via some flag or any other way.

Thank you.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@AmitRaghuwanshi 

Custom variables/options are not available in AJO at this point of time. I could think of below approach for the given scenario.

In journey, all the filed are related to individual profile except data coming from data source. So, set up a datasource (webhook) which should give a response with flag value true/false.

Set up condition activity with Data source before email delivery in journey, pass flag value according to the need.

Capture.PNG

I haven’t tried above approach, please let me know your findings if suggested approach is implemented

Check out link https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/configuration/configure-journeys/dat...

Data source condition activity https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/orchestrate-journeys/about-journey-b...

Administrator

Hi @AmitRaghuwanshi,

Was @Anuhya-Y's suggestion helpful to resolve your query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa