Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Clarification with Read Audience and Audience Qualification

Level 3

Hi! I have a doubt about those activities regarding new entrances. Imagine I have Audience A with 100 profiles.

Journey 1 with Allow re-entrance disabled: Starts with a Read Audience scheduled each 1 day.

----> 1st shot: 100 profiles

During the day, 2 new persons enters the A audience

-----> 2nd shot: 102? or 2?

I know Audience Qualification only applies for new enters or exits, but my question is the amount of profiles 2nd shot will trigger, 102 or only the 2 new? In case only the 2 new, what's the difference of using Read Audience or Audience Qualification? Audience Qualification is in real-time? Thanks.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Audience qualification is for unitary journeys and read audience is for batch journeys.

• If you need only the delta records to enter the journey since the last execution, incremental read option needs to be toggled on. From your example, only 2 records will enter on the second execution in this scenario.
  • If the expectation is to let all the profiles currently in the audience enter the journey for every run, incremental read option needs to be toggled off. From your example, 102 records will enter on the second execution in this scenario.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@Silvio6, For the 2nd shot it will be 2 profiles that will be entering the journey. Refer this documentation when you're using read audience,

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/orchestrate-journeys/manage-journey/...

SatheeskannaK_0-1707957332709.png

For audience qualification - It happens in real-time as soon as the profile qualifies for the defined audience it will enter in the journey. Refer this documentation.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/orchestrate-journeys/about-journey-b...

• If the selected audience is streamed, the individuals belonging to this audience will potentially enter the journey in real-time. If the audience is batch, people newly qualified for this audience will potentially enter the journey when the audience calculation is executed on Adobe Experience Platform.

SatheeskannaK_1-1707957498992.png

Thanks, Sathees

Correct answer by
Employee

Audience qualification is for unitary journeys and read audience is for batch journeys.

• If you need only the delta records to enter the journey since the last execution, incremental read option needs to be toggled on. From your example, only 2 records will enter on the second execution in this scenario.
  • If the expectation is to let all the profiles currently in the audience enter the journey for every run, incremental read option needs to be toggled off. From your example, 102 records will enter on the second execution in this scenario.