Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

Can you use two Segment Qualification nodes within a single journey?

Level 1

Because of the high number of members we create journeys for, we cannot use the "Jump" custom action (moving someone from one journey to another).

Could I instead try to do something similar where –at any given point in the journey– I could just add another segment qualification node and qualify a different segment of people? Would this work or would the journey just stop before the qualified profiles flowed into the second segment qualification node? 

See the attached image to see how I would construct this journey in AJO.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@KainoaHe, This should work. Let's assume that you have segment qualification(1) that looks for profiles with loyalty status. In the middle, you could have different segment qualification(2) that looks for profiles with loyalty status gold. This means whenever segment evaluation happens if a profile is qualified for the silver/gold segment would get an appropriate message. Did you try testing by creating two different segments (A & B) and using that in the segment qualification(1 & 2) in a Journey and setup a profile to make it qualify for segment A & another profile to make it qualify for segment B and see if that triggers the message?

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@KainoaHe, This should work. Let's assume that you have segment qualification(1) that looks for profiles with loyalty status. In the middle, you could have different segment qualification(2) that looks for profiles with loyalty status gold. This means whenever segment evaluation happens if a profile is qualified for the silver/gold segment would get an appropriate message. Did you try testing by creating two different segments (A & B) and using that in the segment qualification(1 & 2) in a Journey and setup a profile to make it qualify for segment A & another profile to make it qualify for segment B and see if that triggers the message?

Thanks, Sathees

Level 1

We were going to do something similar, but instead of sending a message we will just have them flow through measure nodes (condition nodes with a specific name). We will then validate the numbers in a CJA dashboard, ensuring that the right number of profiles flowed through those measurement nodes.